Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Engineering and Informatics - Research Fellow position - Optical Networks for Quantum Communications
This job post is expired. You can search for other jobs here at www.carierista.com.
#TP61267 Type: Full time / Contract
CYPRUS UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY
DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING AND COMPUTER ENGINEERING AND INFORMATICS
RESEARCH FELLOW POSITION
(Postgraduate Associate - Assistant Researcher A)
Applications are invited from candidates who possess the necessary qualifications in order to fill one (1) Full-timeResearch Fellow position (Postgraduate Associate - Assistant Researcher A) at the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Engineering and Informaticsin the field of “Optical Networks for Quantum Communications” within the Photonics and Optical Sensors Research Laboratory (PhOSLab) under the direction of Prof. Kyriacos Kalli.
The selected researcher will work within the CYQCI (Cyprus Quantum Communications Infrastructure) project for an initial period of twelve (12) months with the prospect of renewal until the end of the project (31st August 2025). The monthly gross salary for the position will be €2145,58 until the end of 2023 and €2,134,44 from January 2024 until the end of the contracted 12-month period. It is noted that there is provision for 13th salary (the cost of the 13th salary has been proportionally incorporated in the monthly remuneration as analyzed above).
In the event of a contract renewal until the end of the project, if the successful applicant is already a holder of a Ph.D title and his/her job performance meets the required objectives, the position is possible to be upgraded to a Postdoctoral Researcher with a higher monthly gross salary (that will be €2,650,66, again with the cost of the 13th salary proportionally incorporated in the monthly remuneration).
Main responsibilities and tasks:
- Design of a national terrestrial quantum communication network.
- Deployment of quantum and classical commercial communication systems over current national fiber infrastructure.
- Development of experimental methods for the integration of quantum key distribution devices with conventional layer 1 optical communication transport hardware.
- Development of management software for the cooperative control of quantum and classical encryption hardware, also referred to as a “quantum management system”.
- Work closely with the rest of the team and demonstrate effective, respectful, and honest communication when collaborating with colleagues.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Applicants should have:
- A bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree from a recognised university in Computer Science / Network Engineering / Network & Information Security / Computer Systems Engineering/ Information Engineering / Software Engineering / Computer Engineering / Electronics Engineering / Electrical Engineering / Physics or any other relevant discipline.
- At least 3 years of experience working on the design, deployment, and evaluation of optical communication networks.
- Experience working with state-of-the-art layer 1 optical transport network encryption hardware and techniques.
- Excellent scientific programming skills in languages such as C, C++, Python.
- Willingness to continuously learn and apply new tools, 3rd party APIs.
- Experience in writing articles for publication in peer reviewed journals.
- Organizational skills.
- Experience in the dissemination of research projects.
- Very good written and oral scientific communication skills in English.
- Willingness to travel abroad to participate in training activities and workshops.
- Self-motivation in scientific research.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
The following will be considered as an advantage:
- Experience in Quantum Communications (i.e. Quantum Cryptography, Quantum Key Distribution).
- Experience in preparing, submitting and managing research projects.
- Knowledge of ITU / ETSI standards for quantum key distribution networks.
- Possession of a Ph.D. title in Computer Science / Network Engineering / Network & Information Security / Computer Systems Engineering/ Information Engineering / Software Engineering / Computer Engineering / Electronics Engineering / Electrical Engineering / Physics or any other relevant discipline.
Applicants are requested to submit the following:
- A complete curriculum vitae in English.
2. A one-page summary of their research experience and future research goals.
3. A copy of their most representative publication (if applicable) and other significant achievements/work.
4. The names and contact information of two people who are willing to provide references
5. Proof of their qualifications. That includes official certified transcripts of grades from all academic institutions of higher education listed in his/her application and certified copies of degrees/titles.
6. Complete contact information along with dates available for an interview and for commencing employment.
Applications must be sent via email at: HRrecruits@cut.ac.cy with the subject: “Application for Research Fellow (Postgraduate Associate - Assistant Researcher A) Position – Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Engineering and Informatics in the field of “Optical Networks for Quantum Communications” no later than Friday 29th of December, 12:00 (noon), which is the deadline for the submission of the applications.
For further information visit the University’s webpage at http://www.cut.ac.cy
It is noted that:
- The University adopts an equal opportunity policy at recruitment and the subsequent career stages and encourages both genders to submit an application for all levels of Academic and Administrative Staff.
- The University does not discriminate in any way on the basis of gender, religion or belief, ethnic, national or social origin, age, physical ability, marital status and sexual orientation.