HSE Manager (7047)
This job post is expired. You can search for other jobs here at www.carierista.com.
#CR61060 Type: Full time
CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, an expanding provider of Marine Services, we are seeking to recruit an HSE Manager to join their growing team based in Limassol. The successful applicant will primarily be responsible for spearheading and overseeing the company's health and safety programs. You should be educated to degree level in Engineering, Science or a related field and ideally hold additional professional qualifications in HSE and/or Fire & Safety Management Systems. Our client is seeking applicants who possess in excess of 10 years of experience in a relevant role, who also hold demonstrable team leadership experience. Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English are essential and any knowledge of Greek will be considered an advantage.
- Supports the Top Management in the HSE Policy and Guidelines issue.
- Supports the Top Management in the Organization roles and responsibilities definition, for what concerns safety aspects.
- Supports the Top Management in the HSE Management System standard issue.
- Ensures, in accordance with the Corporate guidelines, the implementation, updating, review and auditing of the Company HSE Systems.
- Monitors the effective implementation of appropriate Safety and Environment System procedures and provides for their updating in line with changes in Legislation and Company Directives.
- Provides for motivation and familiarization of all Company personnel respecting the importance of complying with Company system procedures and all Safety equipment provided.
- Assists the Technical and Operations Department in their dealings with Clients in all issues concerned with Health and Safety at work.
- Conducts safety audits both internal and external.
- Takes part in accident/incident investigation.
- Carries out analysis of accident/incident statistics, identifying trends and suggesting improvement plans.
- Carries out any in-house safety training.
- Carries out safety audits on Sub-contractors.
- Participates to HAZOP meetings prior to procurement and installation activities.
- Performs Risk Assessment and TBT.
- Preparation of Health and Safety documentation for new tenders.
- Provides Safety support and advice, including supervision on preparation of plans and procedures for initial contract start up activities.
- Suggests implementing new training programmes or adopting new strategies which improve productivity whilst maintaining compliance with safety standards.
- Monitors safe working practices during operations.
- Be visible and actively ensure all safety aspects of operational employees in the field are upheld.
- Promote the HSE policies, including safety observations, closeouts, and housekeeping activities.
- Maintain records and databases through filing, retrieval, retention, storage, compilation, coding, and updating.
- Monitor areas of responsibility and communicate any potential issues.
- Any other reasonable duties as defined by the role and management.
- Leads by example.
- Bachelor Degree in Science/Engineering or equivalent with additional professional qualifications in HSE and Fire & Safety Management Systems.
- 10+ years of experience in Health, Safety and Environment of which approximately 5+ years should be in a supervisory capacity.
- Discharges, Incident Command System, Incident Investigation by using TapRoot and HSE Auditing Techniques.
- Excellent knowledge of English.
- Greek would be considered an advantage.
- Experience in the shipping industry would be considered an advantage.
- Clean Criminal Record.
- Highly competitive salary based on skills and experience.
- Private medical insurance.
- Provident fund.
- Opportunities for ongoing personal and professional development.