Innovation Officer (ref. no. CYI_IO_23_15)
This job post is expired. You can search for other jobs here at www.carierista.com.
#TC61014 Type: Full time / Contract
Closing Date: 03/12/2023
The Cyprus Institute (CyI) is a European non-profit Science and Technology oriented Educational and Research Institution based in Cyprus and led by an acclaimed Board of Trustees. The research agenda of the CyI is pursued at its five Research Centres: The Computation-based Science and Technology Research Centre (CaSToRC), the Science and Technology in Archaeology and Culture Research Centre (STARC), the Energy Environment Water Research Centre (EEWRC), the Climate and Atmosphere Research Centre (CARE-C), and the Science and Technology Driven Policy and Innovation Research Centre (STeDI-RC). Considerable cross-centre interaction is a characteristic of the Institute’s culture.
The Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Development Directorate (IED) has been established at the CyI with the aim to boost the innovation-oriented activities and outcomes and improve the role of the Institute in the transition of Cyprus towards a knowledge economy model. It has been structured around five interconnected processes: (i) Internal innovation and entrepreneurial discovery; (ii) IPR protection and exploitation; (iii) New venture generation; (iv) Attraction of innovation projects and early-stage companies; (v) Promotion and management of an innovation community. The IED is also pursuing the access to the relevant funding opportunities for innovation in the local, European and global landscape.
The Cyprus Institute invites applications for a highly qualified and motivated individual to join the Institute as Innovation Officer in the Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Development Directorate. Under the direct supervision of the Head of the Directorate, the successful candidate will take responsibility for contributing in the implementation of the above-mentioned innovation processes, with a full engagement in the strategic development of the innovation goals of the Institute. The selected candidate will actively promote innovation activities and projects, develop opportunities of knowledge exploitation, contribute to the engagement of the CyI in the national and international innovation ecosystem.
The rank of the position will depend on the successful candidate’s experience and qualifications. The initial period of appointment will be for a duration of 2 years, with the possibility of renewal depending on performance and availability of funds. An internationally competitive remuneration package will be offered, which is commensurate with the level of experience of the successful candidate.
Responsibilities/activities to be involved in:
- Contributing in the scouting and qualification of innovation ideas and opportunities within the CyI.
- Contributing in the evaluation of potential IP, the drafting of IP applications and coordinating the interaction with the consultants and the patent offices.
- Supporting the teams engaged in innovation projects, especially in the appropriate business and market orientation.
- Supporting the establishment of new spin-off ventures.
- Promoting the collaboration of the institute with innovative companies and organizations.
- Contributing in the identification and negotiation of knowledge transfer opportunities.
- Promoting the innovation culture within the Institute.
- Identifying funding opportunities (from various funding sources including EU, Cyprus Research and Innovation Foundation, impact finance organizations, World Bank, UN).
- Aiding in the development and writing of project proposals.
- Participating in the planning and coordination of the activities of the Directorate.
- Executing project administration/coordination activities (timing, financial reporting, deliverables, communication with funding organizations).
- Master’s degree in Science, Business, Humanities, Social Sciences, Engineering from an accredited institution
- 2-year relevant experience
- Experience in innovation management in research, academic or private organizations
- Excellent knowledge of oral and written English
- Strong technical and business writing skills
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills
- High level organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask and change priorities with limited supervision
- Team building, coaching and management
- Innovation community management
- Project management
- Proposal writing and management for competitive funding
- Presenting to medium and large audiences
- Delivering formal and informal training
For full consideration, interested applicants should process their application at The Cyprus Institute Exelsys Platform (https://bit.ly/3HDLRTw) based on the instructions given. Applicants should submit a curriculum vitae including a short letter of interest, and a list of three (3) referees (including contact information) (all documentation should be in English and in PDF Format). For further information, please contact Dr Konstantinos Kleovoulou (email@example.com). Please note that applications which do not fulfill the required qualifications and do not follow the announcement’s guidelines will not be considered.
Recruitment will continue until the position is filled.
The Cyprus Institute is an Equal Opportunities Employer certified from the Cypriot Ministry of Labor and also an HRS4R accredited Institution that adheres to the European Commission’s “Charter & Code” principles for recruitment and selection.
Contact person: Konstantinos Kleovoulou
Reference number: CYI_IO_23_15