IOM UN Migration - Field Information Management (IM) Assistant
This job post is expired. You can search for other jobs here at www.carierista.com.
#CA59341 Type: Full time
Position Title : Field Information Management (IM) Assistant
Duty Station : Nicosia, Cyprus
Classification : Ungraded (UG)
Type of Appointment : Special Short Term Ungraded
Closing Date : 12 October 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society. As the leading international organization for migration, IOM acts with its partners in the international community to: assist in meeting the growing operational challenges of migration management; advance understanding of migration issues; encourage social and economic development through migration, and; uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants.
In Greece, IOM is focusing on responding to the Mediterranean migrant’s crisis, in support of the Greek Government and in cooperation with all other agencies involved. IOM currently implements interventions within the areas of emergency, preparedness and response, disaster risk reduction, livelihoods, healthcare and psychosocial assistance, assisted voluntary return of migrants, migration and development, resettlement and repatriation, family reunification, counter human trafficking, assistance to vulnerable migrants.
In Cyprus, IOM Seat Agreement was ratified in Parliament in 2014 and in 2015 IOM inaugurated a fully functional office in the country. Complementing Government of the Republic of Cyprus policies, the IOM’s Cyprus Office runs targeted programmes on capacity building for children, on a voluntary solidarity mechanism and on assisted voluntary return and reintegration.
The International Organization for Migration is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all and it does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM in close cooperation with the Government of Cyprus will provide support on matters concerning the Humanitarian Response of the organization and will mainly focus on the construction/upgrading works expected to be conducted by IOM at the First Reception Center in Pournara. The activity will be funded by the Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund of the European Commission.
In this framework, the successful candidate will be responsible to effectively implement all appropriate responsibilities, according to the IOM standards, and ensuring quality, cost effectiveness, transparency, and compliance with all IOM rules and regulations.
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Office of IOM Cyprus and direct supervision of the National Project Officer and in close cooperation with the Project Coordinator of IOM Greece, the successful candidate will function as the focal point for all matters pertinent to IOM interventions in the IM context in Pournara First Reception Center and in particular in the Buffer Zone within Pournara First Reception Camp during the restorations of the main site.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Support the Cypriot Asylum Service (CAS), Ministry of Interior and other involved partners in the operation of the buffer zone in managing information in Pournara FRC and the buffer zone ; Be the Data Focal Point in all matters pertinent to IOM’s interventions and data collection activities; be responsible and accountable for overall data quality; Compile and validate the collected data.
- Support buffer zone operation and reallocation of the population within the Center (e.g. from main Pournara FRC to buffer zone and after the completion of the construction works back to the main Pournara FRC) with IM tools. Ensure physical and digital data security measures are implemented and followed.
- Support national authorities in the creation of IM standardized tools for the proper operation of the buffer zone (e.g. census, verification tools, demographic reports, capacity, occupancy and availability reports etc);
- Maintain and develop IM tailored tools to meet the goals of the project, ensuring compliance and alignment with relevant policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), IOM’s Data Protection Principles, and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Support IOM team to collect, file, archive, and categorize data and information, including consent forms.
- Support the Site Management in solving critical issues, identifying gaps and duplications in data and information reporting.
- Ensure accuracy and validity of the personal data of beneficiaries in the census or in any other IM tool.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Statistics, Mathematics or relevant fields from an accredited academic institution with one year of relevant working experience; or
- High school diploma with three years of relevant working experience.
- Master’s degree in above fields an advantage.
Experience and Skills
- Minimum one year of relevant work experience;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, personal commitment, efficiency and flexibility;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Excellent level of computer literacy;
- Proficiency in MS Excel and Microsoft Office environment is a requirement;
- Knowledge of IOM’s data protection principles;
- Familiarity with GDPR would be an advantage;
- Knowledge of statistical software packages;
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and keep deadlines;
- Strong work ethics and commitment to humanitarian principles;
- Willingness to work under difficult conditions;
- Strong organizational, facilitation, communication, writing and presentations skills;
- Familiar with direct assistance to migrants and/or refugees;
- Experience in working in a multi-cultural environment;
- Proficient use of commonly used IT equipment and the appropriate software solutions;
- Valid driver’s license with at least five years driving experience an advantage.
Fluency in English and Greek (written and oral) is required.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Courage: Demonstrates willingness to take a stand on issues of importance.
- Empathy: Shows compassion for others, makes people feel safe, respected and fairly treated.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Appointment will be subject to the provision of requirements relevant to the position including academic degree(s), professional licenses, criminal record certificate and declaration of relatives in the Organization. At the time of recruitment, all candidates must disclose any known relative or spouse who works for IOM.
This post is subject to local recruitment. Only those holding a valid residence and work permit for Cyprus will be eligible for consideration.
Vaccination against COVID-19 will be required for IOM personnel who are hired or otherwise engaged by IOM. As part of the mandatory medical entry on duty clearance, candidates will be requested to provide evidence of full vaccination.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application including a cover letter, CV and a completed Personal History ForminEnglishby email to: SMCYPIOMHR-Applications@iom.intspecifying the vacancy reference number CY2023-023 and full name in the subject line.
Please click this link to access the Personal History Form (four pages).
Due to the volume of applications received, IOM Cyprus Human Resources will not be able to respond to all inquiries about the application status and will only contact shortlisted candidates.
From 29 September 2023 to 12 October 2023