Senior Tax Associate
This job post is expired. You can search for other jobs here at www.carierista.com.
#AR53624 Type: Full time
Almond Recruitment on behalf of our client, a leading accounting firm, are currently looking for an Senior Tax Associate to join their offices in Nicosia. This would be a fantastic opportunity to work with an extremely strong and well-established firm.
- Conduct audit procedures and be in charge of multiple clients in a wide variety of industries (i.e. investment companies, provision of financing facilities, trading companies, etc.) in accordance with the International Standards on Auditing and the Companies Law, Cap 113.
- Able to complete multiple audit engagements assigned to him/her for managers’ review and to be able to prepare and review the financial statements of various Companies in accordance with the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs)
- Review audit work of subordinates upon senior manager/manager instructions before submission to senior manager/manager for further review to ensure engagement compliance with the company’s quality control policies.
- Participate in assigning staff and budgeting hours for audit engagements and track the progress of the audit process.
- Able to prepare a Company’s tax computation based on the Cyprus tax legislation and circulars.
- Have direct communication with clients and direct communication with the office accounting department for collecting information/documentation.
- Needs to follow up on daily work and any issues that may concern the clients from time to time.
- Plan, execute and successful completion of the audits in accordance with IFRSs and IASs.
- Stay updated on the status of work assigned to him/her and be able to report directly to Audit Manager on an ongoing basis.
- Check and review all audit documentation.
- Able to provide support, train, develop and share knowledge with Junior staff members.
- Contribute to a strong client relationship through positive interactions with client personnel.
- Attending meetings with clients and being able to follow agendas prepared to fulfil client needs.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to multitask will assist in handling a portfolio of clients and completing assignments in an efficient and effective manner.
- Expected that he/she will develop his/her knowledge in the abovementioned areas and stay updated (either through day-to-day assignments or through continued study) on the following:
- Auditing Standards
- IFRS standards
- Companies Law
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Holder of a university degree (BSc) with a background in accounting or any other relevant field
- A Bachelor’s degree related to Information Technology will be considered as a plus.
- Sound academic record
- Newly qualified ACA / ACCA with a good track of exam results
- More than four years of experience in an audit firm (ideally at least 1-year post qualification)
- Excellent knowledge of auditing procedures
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial reporting standards
- Knowledge of Caseware Audit International
- Very good knowledge of Cyprus taxation and VAT legislation
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality
- Professionalism, dependability, integrity and trustworthiness
- Excellent organisation skills and time management skills
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Maintain good relations with other members of staff and clients
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Highly self-motivated
- Excellent written communication skills in both Greek and English language
- Knowledge of Russian or any other foreign language is considered as an advantage
- IT literate
- An attractive and competitive remuneration package in accordance with qualifications and practicable experience.
- Bonus based on performance.
- Expenses towards ACCA/ACA qualification are fully covered by the firm.
- Six days paid study leave in regard to the first attempt at examinations of ACCA/ACA qualifications.
- Five days of paid sick leave per year.
- Flexible working hours.
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement.
- Training events that will help both your personal and professional development.
- Participation in our various corporate events and activities.
To apply for the vacancy please send your CV to email@example.com quoting reference CY11886C
*Almond Recruitment is a professional recruitment agency run by a team with over 30 years international experience. Feel free to search and apply for job vacancies confidentially in Cyprus or Malta or get in touch with us and benefit from our experience. By sending us your CV, you are giving Almond Recruitment consent to contact you with any current or future job opportunities. CVs are held in the strictest of confidence.