Accounting Team Manager (6224)
This job post is expired. You can search for other jobs here at www.carierista.com.
#CR46895 Type: Full time
CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, a long-established provider of Audit & Accounting services to both local and international clients, we are seeking to recruit an Accounting Team Manager to join their growing team based in Nicosia. The successful applicant will ideally hold a relevant accounting qualification and possess a minimum of 5+ years of previous experience within a similar role, including managing and mentoring a Team. You will be responsible for a large portfolio of clients on behalf of the firm including the delegation and supervision of accounting work to less experienced members of the Team. Fluency in both Greek & English is a must.
Manage a portfolio of clients. Responsible to monitor the firm’s annual accounting plans, evaluate budgets and allocate accounting assignments to team members. Oversee a team of accountants and review work and provide feedback. Ensure accounting is completed adhering to industry standards, policies and processes. Consult clients on accounting, VAT and tax matters. Ensures implementation of all Company’s policies and procedures in relation to Quality control, AML, GPDR and other areas.
- Ensures Clients are in compliance with all AML requirements and the Firm’s Policies and Procedures.
- Ensures the performance of transaction monitoring in accordance with the Firm’s AML policies and procedures.
- Informs the AMLCO of any instances that cause high risk or other issues in accordance with AML and Firm’s policies and procedures.
- Ensures the overall compliance of all employees in the accounting department with the Firm’s Quality Control Manual including ethical requirements.
- Approves all forms and supporting information/documentation needed for Client Continuance/Acceptance and passes them to the Managing Director for approval.
- Pre-approves engagement/disengagement letters and passes them to the Managing Director for approval.
- Prepares and reviews the staff plan and provides it to the Managing Director for approval.
- Prepare budgets of Accounting engagements and assigns the work to a team of accountants.
- Reviews the work of each team member and provide feedback in regards to international accounting standards.
- Monitor team’s performance and productivity, ensure accounting assignments are completed on time within budget and in accordance with the Firm’s policies and procedures including documentation.
- Organizes meetings for accounting managers/accounting department employees to organise the work and to receive feedback.
- Identifies training needs for the employees in the accounting department of the Firm.
- Engages in training sessions.
- Responsible for training staff members in accounting methodology and tax, updating them on new laws and regulations.
- Report to the Director of the department, communicating development issues, client updates, and employee matters.
- Consults clients in relation to accounting issues and tax obligations to ensure compliance.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Ideally educated to degree level in Accounting, Finance, Economics or a related field.
- Any relevant accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA, CPA, CAT, CIMA) is highly desirable.
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience within a similar role.
- Previous managerial and team leadership experience.
- Fluency in Greek & English (Written & Verbal).
- Excellent knowledge of ISAs and IFRSs and their practical application.
- Excellent knowledge of Companies Law, Tax Law and AML legislation.
- Excellent knowledge of VAT, Social Insurances & to a lesser extent Tax.
- Proficiency with MS Office.
- Project management skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to work under pressure, meeting deadlines.