IRC221027 - EXPLORATION GEOSCIENTIST
We are currently recruiting for an Exploration Geoscientist within Exploration Department for Eni Cyprus Ltd, based in Nicosia.
About Eni Cyprus
Eni has been present in Cyprus since 2013. The Company operates Blocks 2, 3, 6, 8, and 9, and has participating interests in Blocks 7 and 11 operated by TotalEnergies. Recently, in August of 2022, Eni announced a significant gas discovery in the Cronos-1 well drilled in Block 6, 160 km off Cyprus coastline, in 2,287 metres of water depth. The discovery confirms the effectiveness of Eni’s exploration strategy aimed at creating value through its deep knowledge of geological plays and the application of advanced geophysical technologies.
As a member of the hydrocarbon explorationat Eni Cyprus you will be responsible for:
- Collecting the information from seismic and well data and other sources;
- Utilizing broad multi-disciplinary skills in both geology and geophysics and their sub-discipline;
- Assisting in the evaluation of the opportunities within the exploration domain;
- Assisting in the identification of new plays and prospects/leads by contributing to the understanding of basin;
- Applying basic depth conversion methods to time interpretations using well and seismic derived velocity data;
- Working within a multi-functional team to develop resource size distributions and objective risk assessment;
This is the opportunity for you if you have the skills and requirements bellow:
- Graduate degree in Geology (Geoscience) / Petroleum Geology
- Previous Experience in similar position (at least two years);
- Fluent in English language
- Computer literate
Head Office Nicosia
At Eni, people are the key to our success, which is why our values are focused on diversity, and lifelong learning.
Eni evaluates applications regardless of candidates’ personal and cultural characteristics or orientations. If your application is among those most in line with the required profile, you will be contacted to continue the selection process.
Together we have greater energy.