Senior Accountant ( 6311)
This job post is expired. You can search for other jobs here at www.carierista.com.
#CR46640 Type: Full time
CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, an established Group of Companies operating in the Construction & Real Estate sectors, we are seeking to recruit a Senior Accountant to join their growing team based in Larnaca. The successful applicant will be responsible for supervising and overseeing the accounting and finance function of the Group, which will include managing and mentoring less experienced accounting and bookkeeping professionals. You will ideally be a full member of a recognised accounting body (ACA, ACCA, CPA etc..) and will need to possess proven experience in a similar role. Previous experience working in either the Construction, Real Estate or any other related industry sector will be considered a significant advantage.
- Oversee the smooth running of the accounting department.
- Supervise and mentor accounting and bookkeeping staff.
- Assist team members with the execution of their duties.
- Prepare and review VAT returns.
- Preparation of Financial Statements under IFRS.
- Handle communication with the Tax Department.
- Handle communication with Banks.
- Work closely with the Director.
- Assist/advice Director with transactions – i.e. on VAT treatment or accounting implications of transaction, review contracts for VAT/Accounting purposes etc…
- Prepare budgets and other financial information/reports.
- Communicate with external auditors and provide the required information.
- Ideally educated to degree level in Accounting, Finance, Economics or any other relevant field.
- Ideally a full member of a recognised accounting body (ACA, ACCA, CPA etc..), although this is not essential.
- Previous, proven experience in a similar accounting role is essential.
- Previous experience working in the Construction, Real Estate or any other related sector is highly desirable.
- The ability and experienced to mentor, manage and support less experienced members of the accounting department.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and computerised accounting packages.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills in Greek & English.