Actuarial Specialist (6130)
This job post is expired. You can search for other jobs here at www.carierista.com.
#CR46451 Type: Full time
CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, a truly global provider of Professional Services, we are seeking to recruit an Actuarial Specialist to join their expanding actuarial services team based in Nicosia. The successful applicant will primarily be responsible for managing and delivering a wide range of actuarial assignments on behalf of clients as well as mentoring and leading a team of more junior actuarial professionals. You will be either a Part of Fully Qualified Actuary and/or possess extensive, previous actuarial experience within the Insurance sector.
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of a fast growing and high caliber actuarial team and contribute insurance advice and consulting services to clients such as insurers, banks, regulators, and financial institutions. You’ll work on IFRS 17, Assurance, Reserving, Pricing, Risk Modelling and Capital projects across the Non-Life / Life insurance market, as well as multidisciplinary projects around areas such as transaction due diligence, analytics, strategic planning and transformation. You’ll be open to new challenges, self-motivated, agile and be able to leverage your existing skills in areas like IFRS 17.
- Manage and deliver a wide range of concurrent actuarial and multidisciplinary assignments.
- Interact with clients, often as the main point of contact on assignments.
- Work in multidisciplinary teams and with our overseas network or people.
- Have an active role in supporting the strategic management and running of the actuarial practice, e.g. through being involved in developing one of our core product areas such as IFRS 17, risk and capital as well as developing and presenting training programs for graduates and staff.
- Be responsible for leading and developing junior team members through on the job coaching and acting as a career coach and study mentor.
- Be a partly qualified/newly qualified Actuary or have successfully delivered significant actuarial related projects from within the insurance industry.
- Have led actuarial or multidisciplinary projects, being responsible for project management and delivery, including the management, development and growth of staff, delegation of responsibilities and delivering projects to time and budget.
- Good understanding of a broad range of commonly used reserving, pricing and capital modelling techniques, the key actuarially-orientated and regulatory issues faced by the market, and a good working knowledge of one or more of financial reporting, risk and capital, Solvency II, IFRS17 or other related insurance work.
- Experience of implementation of Solvency II or IFRS 17, or related experience, would be a benefit.
- Experience of actuarial / statistical analysis in e.g. R, Python, SAS, VBA, Tableau would be a benefit.
- Be able to communicate complex technical matters in a clear way.
- Wider commercial awareness, including the understanding of wider business issues facing the insurance industry.
- A competitive remuneration package.
- 13th salary.
- Provident Fund.
- Medical Insurance (optional).
- Life Insurance.
- FlexMenu (such as FlexDay, FlexWeek, FlexPlace and many more).
- Friday afternoon off.
- Summer 4-day working schedule (July/August).
- Dress for the Occasion.
- Free parking.