Senior Database Engineer (6138)
This job post is expired. You can search for other jobs here at www.carierista.com.
#CR46441 Type: Full time / Remote
CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, a truly global provider of technology solutions to clients across the world, we are seeking to recruit a Senior Database Engineer to join their growing team of professionals based in Nicosia. The successful applicant should hold an academic background relating to Computer Science/Engineering or a related field and possess approximately 3-5+ years of professional experience in database development, including knowledge of PL/SQL for Oracle database development and performance tuning. You will be part of a growing team tasked with innovating, engineering and providing AWS Cloud geared solutions in database technology, data conversion and transformation. Although based in Nicosia, our client offers a hybrid working model, with the flexibility to work 2-3 days per week from home. Our client also provides a full range of excellent benefits.
- Innovate and craft new standardizations and data conversion methodologies that will be used by delivery teams through multiple, critical projects.
- Design, deliver, and be the custodian of large-scale solutions, while implementing your creations with international engineering colleagues.
- Lead workstreams that design major value-adding projects for the company which embrace major players of the banking industry.
- Drive cutting-edge technology by exploring concepts on AWS Amazon cloud, CI/CD tools, Jenkins automations, Kubernetes, GIT code repositories, and Docker.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or a related field.
- Approximately 3-5+ years of relevant experience in Database Development.
- Intermediate to advanced technical skills in Oracle Database Development (i.e., PL/SQL), Oracle Performance Tuning.
- Advance coding skills in the procedural language for at least one database engine a must.
- Knowledgeable in and with working experience of medium to large/complex projects.
- Experience in end-to-end project implementation delivery and awareness on SDLC.
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills.
- Working knowledge of scripting languages (shell, Python, Perl).