Legal Counsel (6119)
This job post is expired. You can search for other jobs here at www.carierista.com.
#CR46159 Type: Full time
CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, an International Gaming Service provider with offices in Nicosia, we are seeking to recruit a Legal Counsel to join their expanding team of professionals in Nicosia. The successful candidate should be a lawyer with 5+ years of work experience, preferably with an international company. Previous experience working within the Gaming/Software sector will be considered an advantage. Excellent communication skills in English (Written & Spoken) are essential.
- Preparation of different agreements, for example: share purchase agreements, loan agreements, service agreements (including inter-company agreements), consulting agreements, development agreements, confidentiality agreements, employment agreements, brand license agreements (plus checking the relevant documents in relation to the brands), termination agreements and waivers, setoff agreements, assignment agreements, asset purchase agreements, novation agreements/deeds.
- Ownership of trademark issues and registration of trademarks.
- Reviewing and negotiating documents/agreements: confidentiality agreements, service agreement, power of attorney, lease agreements, option agreements, etc.
- Maintaining a control list of customer contracts with key terms and ensuring contracts are complete and up to date.
- Maintaining an efficient digital filing system for contracts.
- Preparation of shareholder/board resolutions, letters and other legal documents.
- Checking terms and conditions for different sites that provide services.
- Liaising with registered agents/law firms for arranging certified documents, assisting with arranging documents for different jurisdictions.
- Maintaining updated records of all the companies, including the status of each company and corporate structure.
- Assisting with arranging the relevant signatures for different agreements by the applicable directors.
- Being the key point of contact of the legal department with the sales team, partner managers, integrations team and compliance department across multiple jurisdictions.
- Assisting the general counsel on corporate acquisitions, disposals, and other ad hoc corporate projects.
- Ideally educated to degree level in Law or a related field.
- Lawyer with 5+ years of experience preferably with an international company.
- Previous experience in working within the gaming/software sector shall be considered an advantage.
- Excellent prioritisation and organisation skills, ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English are essential.
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook).