Database Reliability Engineer
This job post is expired. You can search for other jobs here at www.carierista.com.
#HM44482 Type: Full time
Position: Database Reliability Engineer
Reports To: Head of DevOps
Location: Larnaca - Cyprus
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Become the subject matter expert in MariaDB/Mongo clusters
- Implement and maintain MariaDB/Mongo Clusters. Participate in the design and implementation of HA/DR policies
- Monitor and tune the performance of MariaDb/Mongo clusters
- Investigate database systems errors, and problems
- Review ER Diagrams and overall database architecture and suggest possible improvements
- Review and Optimize MariaDB/Mongo queries
- Act as the bridge between developers’ and BI teams
- Build and maintain services, automation, and tooling that will positively impact our database layer area
- Drive continuous improvement by measuring and reducing the amount of manual operational work
- Articulate and communicate technical concepts within and across teams
- Document best practices for working with MariaDb/Mongo clusters
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a specialized team
- BSc in Computer Science or relevant field
- A minimum of 2-3 year’s relevant working experience
- Strong understanding of SQL in the context of application performance and how to guide software engineers to arrive at the optimal solution.
- Some Experience running MariaDB/Mongo clusters
- Some Linux/Unix shell experience especially with troubleshooting production systems.
- Some Experience with the following programming language like Python, Ruby, and Java
- Some Experience with a configuration management systems like Saltstack, Chef, Puppet, or Ansible is a plus
- Some Experience with monitoring tools such as Prometheus, Graphite and Grafana is a plus
- Able to work in a fast pace environment
- Able to work under pressure
A very competitive remuneration and benefits package is offered to all successful candidates including 13th salary and medical insurance from day one, in addition to the opportunity to work within an exciting and engaging work environment where you will be given the tools and guidance to reach your full potential.
Applications must be made through our careers webpage: www.hfeu.com/careers
All applications will be treated as confidential.
HF Markets is an Equal Opportunity Employer