School Office Administration
This job post is expired. You can search for other jobs here at www.carierista.com.
#IP44423 Type: Full time
The School Administration is the first point of call for visitors to the school, parents, staff and children. As the ‘face’ of the school the receptionist should be welcoming, personable, helpful and able to represent the School in a professional and friendly manner. In addition, it is essential that the person for this role is organized, able to multitask, work flexibly and have a ‘can do’ approach to work, as no two days are the same. The receptionist is also required to assist the Business Manager with various administrative tasks, requiring a good level of IT skills.
1. To act as the first point of contact for the school: welcoming visitors and responding to telephone and email enquiries in a helpful and constructive manner and ensuring that appropriate actions are taken in a timely manner.
2. Ensuring the safety and security of the school at all times, making sure that the front door is locked and entry to the premises controlled. Ensuring that all visitors sign in and take a visitor badge where necessary.
3. Communicating with parents regarding all aspects of school life, receiving and passing on information, between parents and teachers, including phoning parents to ascertain reasons for pupils’ absence, first day response and ascertaining reasons for ant lateness.
4. Maintaining and updating school information, records and databases.
5. Receive, sort and distribute all packages, deliveries and mail.
6. Ensuring that the reception area is kept smart and tidy and that noticeboards are kept up to date, including care for the plants.
7. To assist with the ordering of stationery, materials and first aid resources and ensuring that stock levels are maintained.
8. Assisting in the production of the school Bulletin and other school notices, posters and school publications, letters, reports etc.
9. Assisting with various administrative tasks and duties, utilitising word, excel, outlook email and the school database updated. (training will be provided)
10. To act as one of the fire marshalls. Training will be given.
11. To act as first aider. Training will be given.
12. Assist in the HR department with some small administrative tasks.
13. Support the School Headmaster and Principals as needed.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of duties and the post holder will be required to undertake any other reasonable duties as discussed and directed by the Line Manager. Person Specification This section details the knowledge, skills and experience required for the role.
Knowledge and awareness of current customer service principles and practice.
Qualifications and Skills
A good level of computer skills. Familiarity with Microsoft applications, including: word, excel, Outlook and have internet skills Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise workload
ECDL or equivalent level of IT skills. Experience of using databases.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, in person, telephone and written. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Excellent Customer Service Skills, with the ability to use discretion, patience, tact and respect for confidentiality.
English Language is a must
Other Languages is an advantage
Of working in a busy environment
Of multitasking and working flexibly
Of team working Experience of working with people
First Aid Certificate
Demonstrable experience of working with systems and procedures
Experience of working in a school
Experience of working with children
A love of working with people and children. Willingness to develop self and skills Willingness to work collaboratively and as part of a team
An ability to work well under stress
Ability to use initiative and be self -motivating.
Please send your resume in English Language to firstname.lastname@example.org stating School Office Assistant in the subject line.