Consultant, Sustainability Department
This job post is expired. You can search for other jobs here at www.carierista.com.
#GT44307 Type: Full time
We are looking for high calibre professionals, enthusiastic for the profession who really care about making a difference and creating value for themselves and others to join our Sustainability team in Nicosia.
The role: Mid to senior experienced professional in the area of sustainability consulting with a focus on sustainable strategy development, monitoring and assessment, capacity building and ESG report writing. This is a challenging and fulfilling role where you will be a key member of the team, primarily responsible for the strategy development and capacity building service line working amongst a dynamic team with a broad spectrum of expertise which you will have the opportunity to work with e.g., waste management systems, EPR, circular economy etc. The Sustainability Advisory Services team assists institutions and organisations across a range of services including sustainable strategy and capacity building, sustainability reporting, sustainable supply chains, sustainable financial sector, sustainability ratings, climate change, circular economy, energy management and EU programmes. These services support organisations meet external regulatory obligations while creating value and resilience in the long term. By joining our team, you will have direct access to the partners, the ability to provide a valued opinion within the team, and work on interesting projects in the local and international market.
The responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Lead: elements of assignments and engagements in the areas of sustainable strategy development, capacity building and reporting.
• Implement: up to date sustainability methodologies and business intelligence tools such as Power BI.
• Professional Development: Provide expertise and specialist knowledge input where applicable, demonstrate commercial awareness and extensive legislative knowledge applicable locally and internationally.
• Business Development: Contribute to the development of best-in-class approaches to ensure the Firm can secure and deliver on engagements and assignments. Create excellent proposals that show understanding of the market, Client needs, and the Firm’s offering. Ensure opportunities are well understood by the Firm and developed by focusing on relationship development.
• Communication: Take responsibility to ensure appropriate outcome of work is communicated clearly and effectively within reporting lines.
Skills / Requirements:
• Master’s/ Bachelor’s degree in environmental sciences, sustainability, environmental engineering or equivalent.
• A 1–3-year experience in similar sustainability consulting roles, strategy development, capacity building and sustainability reporting writing.
• Knowledge of sustainability standards such as GRI, ISO 26000, UN Global Compact SASB, etc. are a bonus.
• Knowledge of EU and national legislative environment around sustainable/ non-financial reporting (existing and upcoming).
• Experience of implementation of sustainability standards e.g., GRI, ISO 26000, UN Global Compact, SASB etc. are a bonus).
• Experience in the financial sector or supporting companies in the financial sector will be considered an advantage.
• Software/IT Skills: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, (Power BI or other BI tools are a bonus).
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, attention to detail, decision making, and planning skills.
• Ability to take ownership of projects/tasks and provide solutions to challenges.
• Communicating effectively at all levels, both in writing and verbally in Greek and in English.
• Proficiency in other European languages (French, German, Spanish) is a bonus. • Willingness to travel and engage in international projects.
• Establish and maintain a high degree of confidentiality, respect, trust, and integrity at all levels.
• The ability to work effectively either individually or as a member of a multi-skilled team.
• Share the CLEARR values of Grant Thornton (Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect, Responsibility).
• Friendly and dynamic working environment, in which you can develop your skills and competencies.
• A workplace with a strong focus on values and work-life balance and the joint aim to provide the best possible solutions for our clients.
• International exposure through our Grant Thornton network and global opportunities.
• A Learning & Development path, which focuses on both technical & soft skills. You will also have access to coaching and mentoring
• Your professional and personal success is our commitment.
Other benefits to support you in every way possible:
• Competitive remuneration and benefits package, including recognition schemes and 13th salary
• Overtime / Bonus scheme
• Medical insurance
• Provident fund
• Paid maternity and paternity leave
• Parental leave allowance
• "Be there for our family paid leave" scheme
• "Giving back to the community paid time off" scheme
• "Flexible Working Arrangements" scheme
• "Dress For Your Diary" scheme
• Afternoon off on Fridays
• Four-day long weekends in August (all Fridays free)
• “We never miss a public holiday” scheme
• Sponsorship of yearly professional subscriptions
• Several opportunities for professional and personal growth through our Grant Thornton International network.
What you will you need to do next?
If you believe that Grant Thornton is the right place for you, you have the right attitude, skills, aspiration for success and share our CLEARR values we invite you to submit your application online through https://www.grantthornton.com.cy/careers/ together with uploading your latest CV.
Through our fair, transparent, and consistent resourcing procedures, we are committed to ensure that the candidate experience for all applicants is of the highest professional standards.