Assistants | Indirect Tax Services Department - Nicosia
This job post is expired. You can search for other jobs here at www.carierista.com.
#DL44265 Type: Full time
Our Indirect Tax Services Department is expanding, and we are seeking to recruit dynamic and high calibre professionals at the level of Assistant to join our Nicosia Office.
At Deloitte, every day your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you will find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
The Indirect Tax Services team
Deloitte has one of the largest teams of indirect tax experts in Cyprus, providing a full range of Indirect Tax Services. We provide quality indirect tax advice and VAT compliance services to large multinational groups, corporations and owner-managed businesses both in Cyprus and abroad. Our Indirect Tax Services team manages and monitors indirect taxes ensuring compliance with all the relevant legislation.
Key responsibilities of the position include, among others:
- Work alongside with senior members of the team on a broad range of challenging clients, deal directly with clients on a day-to-day basis to manage VAT compliance and advisory matters under the guidance of senior team members.
- Complete and submit various VAT forms, including registration, de-registration, application for VAT refunds, VAT, VIES and Intrastat returns.
- Contribute to the department’s goals in providing exceptional service to both local and international clients working alongside senior members of the team on a broad range of challenging client exercises including VAT diagnostic reviews, preparation of VAT audit files, performing indirect tax due diligence exercises on mergers and acquisitions and being involved in VAT advisory exercises.
- Liaise with the Cyprus Tax Authorities to handle VAT compliance matters of allocated client portfolio.
- Keep up to date with current developments in the field of indirect tax and apply knowledge to relevant client cases.
- Understand and analyse technical client issues and undertake effective research towards providing tailor made VAT efficient solutions.
- Undergraduate degree from a reputable University, in related disciplines such as Accounting, Economics, Finance or Law preferably with a tax specialisation
- Studying towards a professional qualification (ACA, ACCA, CTA, ADIT) will be considered an advantage
- Possess a high level of drive and positive attitude
- Analyse problems, identify core issues, investigate, evaluate and integrate information
- Ability to communicate with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear
- Excellent command of the Greek and English languages, both verbal and written
- Competitive remuneration package
- Provident Fund
- Medical coverage and life insurance
- Flexible working arrangements
- Free parking
- Continuous development
- Be the true you! We foster diversity and inclusion and encourage you to bring your authentic self to work. Explore, question and collaborate while building a career that inspires and energises you.
- Never stop growing! Diversity of thought makes us stronger. At Deloitte, we tailor a personalized learning experience, offering you the opportunity to grow at your own pace and achieve maximum impact.
- We practice what we preach! As a Purpose-led organisation, at the heart of everything we do is a set of timeless principles and unifying values.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality. Interested applicants should apply through Cydeloittecareers.com selecting the specific vacancy under ‘Vacancies at Deloitte’.
Join us to make an impact together - Apply now!