Director of Science and Technology in Archaeology Research Centre (STARC) (ref. no. STARC_DIR_22_06)
This job post is expired. You can search for other jobs here at www.carierista.com.
#TC43748 Type: Full time / Contract
The Cyprus Institute (CyI, www.cyi.ac.cy) is a European Non-profit Science and Technology oriented Educational and Research Institution based in Cyprus and led by an acclaimed Board of Trustees. The research agenda of the CyI is pursued at its four Research Centres: The Computation-based Science and Technology Research Centre (CaSToRC), the Science and Technology in Archaeology and Culture Research Centre (STARC), the Energy Environment Water Research Centre (EEWRC) and the Climate and Atmosphere Research Centre (CARE-C). Considerable cross-centre interaction is a characteristic of the Institute’s culture. Its Educational activities are pursued through its Graduate School, which currently offers Master and Doctoral Degrees.
The Director of the STARC will be responsible for the general operation and conduct of all affairs of the research centre. The successful candidate will be based in Cyprus, and will be offered a tenured Professorship, with an internationally attractive salary and benefits package, commensurate to his/her high degree of responsibility and qualifications.
The successful candidate should be an outstanding scholar with, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in research management. They must have a scientific record of the highest international level, research expertise and leadership competencies relevant to the portfolio and thematic priorities of the Centre. They should be cognizant of the importance of science and technology capacity building in Europe, the Eastern Mediterranean and Middle East. Previous responsibility for institution building and/or managing complex projects from development to implementation would be a strong advantage.
The successful candidate must have excellent managerial, interpersonal and leadership skills, with strong capacities for managing human resources, and for generating and maintaining contacts in the academic, innovation/business and governmental circles, as well as obtaining support from them for the Centre. Proficiency in spoken and written English is indispensable.
Responsibilities/activities to be involved in:
The selected candidate will undertake the responsibility of the general management of the Science and Technology in Archaeology Research Centre (STARC) and will be part of the managing team of the Institute:
- To help plan, develop and implement the research agenda of the Centre
- To develop and implement strategies appropriate to the Centre’s mission and objectives
- To recruit the Centre’s research staff, and to manage, develop, appraise and motivate the staff members of the Centre to carry out and achieve the centre’s research objectives
- To develop and oversee the Centre’s financial budgets
- To develop and improve the research and laboratory facilities appropriate to the Centre’s research program
- To engage and support the Graduate School of the Cyprus Insitute and play a leading role in the design, introduction, implementation and conduct of the Courses that thematically rlate to the scope and activities of STARC
- To collaborate closely with the CyI leadership for the continuous development of the Centre and of the Cyprus Institute overall
- To raise financial and other resources to support the research agenda and development of the Centre
- To undertake tasks and initiatives in relation to her/his faculty appointment, including teaching responsibilities
For full consideration, interested applicants should process their application at The Cyprus Institute Exelsys Platform (https://bit.ly/3HDLRTw) based on the instructions given. Applicants should submit (i) a curriculum vitae including a list of publications, a compilation of research grants obtained, and relevant managerial experience, (ii) a short, up to two pages vision statement and (iii) a list of five (5) referees (including contact information) (all documentation should be in English and in PDF Format). For further information, please contact Ms Christiana Melodias (email@example.com). Please note that applications which do not fulfil the required qualifications and do not follow the announcement’s guidelines will not be considered.
Recruitment will continue until the position is filled.
The Cyprus Institute is an Equal Opportunities Employer, certified from the Cypriot Ministry of Labour and also an HRS4R accredited Institution that adheres to the European Commission’s “Charter & Code” principles for recruitment and selection.
Contact person: Ms Christiana Melodias
Reference number: STARC_DIR_22_06