Research Infrastructure Manager
This job post is expired. You can search for other jobs here at www.carierista.com.
#KR43741 Type: Full time
The KIOS Research and Innovation Center of Excellence at the University of Cyprus announces one (1) Special Scientist (Research Infrastructure Manager) position, for full-time employment. The successful candidate will coordinate the development, maintenance, management, and commercialization of the KIOS CoE Research Infrastructure (including KIOS CoE Testbeds). This includes networking, dissemination and communication activities, as well as IP exploitation activities related to the Center’s Research Infrastructure, aiming to help the Center achieve its strategic objectives. Applicants are expected to have a physical presence at the KIOS CoE in Nicosia, Cyprus.
Who we are:
The KIOS Research and Innovation Center of Excellence is the largest research center at the University of Cyprus and in 2017 was upgraded to a European Research Center of Excellence through the KIOS CoE Teaming project. Currently, the Center employs more than 170 people who are supported by externally funded research and innovation projects. The KIOS CoE operates in a diverse environment as an equal opportunity employer.
What we do:
KIOS provides an inspiring environment for carrying out top level research and innovation in the area of Information and Communication Technologies, with emphasis on the Monitoring, Control and Security of Critical Infrastructures. Such infrastructures include power and energy systems, water networks, transportation networks, telecommunication networks and emergency management and response. The Center instigates interdisciplinary interaction and promotes collaboration between industry, academia, and research organizations in high-tech areas of global importance.
Why work at KIOS:
You will have the opportunity to work on various high-profile projects with a high impact on society and the environment, not only on a local but also on a global scale.
In KIOS we strive to create a multicultural, diverse and inclusive workplace and we strongly support the continuous personnel evolvement and development, both personally and professionally, to fulfill your long-term goals. We offer internal and external professional training, covering both technical and soft skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with the IH Manager, to develop initiatives, policies and procedures that will further the Center’s Research Infrastructure development, performance and research support goals
- Plan, coordinate, monitor and report on the financial activities of the Center’s Research Infrastructure
- Oversee the specifications of the KIOS CoE Research Infrastructure
- Assist in the procurement of equipment and services
- Monitor human resource allocation
- Supervise progress of testbed development
- Organize and participate in site visits and events to showcase the KIOS CoE testbeds
- Promote the capabilities and usage of Research Infrastructure within KIOS CoE
- Coordinate activities and initiatives for the exploitation and commercialization of the KIOS CoE Research Infrastructure
- Pursue national and/or international research infrastructure-related proposals for funding
- Represent KIOS CoE at international and/or national events, conferences, and seminars for the promotion of the KIOS CoE Research Infrastructure
- Promote and manage engagement with industry, users and stakeholders who wish to avail of facilities/services related to the Research Infrastructure of the Center
- Contribute actively to the training, education, and dissemination activities of the Center
- Engage with staff and faculties regarding access to equipment and facilities for structured training and teaching activities, for example through intensive hands-on courses for structured training for postgraduate students/PDs, and as revenue generating courses for industry up-skilling
Profile of the ideal candidate:
- Critical thinker and decision maker
- Attention to detail
- Problem solver
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Flexible and eager to learn
- Able to adapt in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Have excellent communication, organizational and self-management skills
- Very good knowledge of English and Greek language
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business or Natural & Applied Sciences or other related field from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a position with similar duties and responsibilities
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services
- Knowledge of business and management principles, resource allocation, and coordination of people
The position is on a contract basis. Initially, a two-year contract will be offered, which is renewable based on performance. The gross monthly salary depends on the candidate’s qualifications and experience and will be between €2700 – €4500. From this amount, employee contributions to the Cyprus government funds will be deducted. The 13th salary bonus is incorporated into the monthly salary. Maternity leave will be granted based on Maternity Protection Law 1997(Ν.100(Ι)/1997), and the existing amendment laws.
Interested candidates should submit the following items online through the link: https://applications.ucy.ac.cy/recruitment.
- Cover letter that specifies their employment availability date and why they want to pursue a career at KIOS CoE
- Short description of their academic, research and work experiences, activities and accomplishments (can be combined with the cover letter) (2 pages maximum)
- Copies of transcripts of BSc/MSc/PhD degree(s)
- A detailed curriculum vitae in English or Greek
- Identify at least two referees who can provide reference letters upon request
The University of Cyprus shall collect and process your personal data according to the provisions of the General Regulation on Personal Data 2016/679 (EU).
The University of Cyprus (UCY) is committed to promoting inclusivity, diversity, and equality, as well as the elimination of all forms of discrimination in order to provide a fair, safe, and pleasant environment for the entire university community, where students and staff members will feel supported both in their professional and personal development, within and beyond their multiple identities. To this end, UCY seeks to create the necessary conditions that will encourage and respect diversity and ensure dignity both in the workplace and society at large. Moreover, UCY has adopted specific policies to promote equal opportunities, as well as respect and understanding of diversity, while it is committed to promoting and maintaining a working, teaching, and learning environment, free from any form of discrimination, whether direct or indirect.
The applications should be submitted as soon as possible, but not later than Friday, 11th of November 2022, at 5 pm. The evaluation of the applications will begin immediately. At least the best three candidates that satisfy the required qualifications will be interviewed by the Selection Committee. Candidates will be informed of the result of their application by the KIOS CoE.
For more information, please contact the KIOS Center of Excellence, by phone at +357-22893451 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.