Quantitative Risk, Managerial level position
This job post is expired. You can search for other jobs here at www.carierista.com.
#GT43704 Type: Full time
We are looking for high caliber professionals, enthusiastic for the profession who really care about making a difference and creating value for themselves and others to join our Quantitative team in Nicosia.
The role: Managerial level experienced professional in the area of financial services, with a focus on the banking sector. This is a challenging and fulfilling role where you will be a key member of the team, developing quantitative solutions in the areas of quantitative risk advisory including advanced model development, model validation, data analytics, risk measurement, and strategy.
The Quantitative Risk Advisory Services team assists financial institutions with the development, validation, review, and documentation of bespoke Financial Risk quantitative models with main areas of application within IRB, IFRS 9, Stress Testing, and Portfolio management. Our specialist team are market leaders in the development of IRB, IFRS 9, and Stress Testing models in accordance with emerging regulatory guidelines. These models support the determination and allocation of a client’s regulatory and economic capital. By joining our team, you will have direct access to the partners, the ability to provide a valued opinion within the team, and work on interesting project in the local and international market.
The responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Lead: elements of assignments and engagements in the areas of specialist quantitative and risk expertise. This will include the provision of specialist expertise in the area of models, risk, and regulation to ensure a best in class offering to the banking market.
- Implement: Develop and implement bespoke quantitative tools to drive insights and decisions from data. Techniques include time series forecasting, regression modelling, classification methods, machine learning, and visualisation techniques.
- Professional Development: Provide expertise and specialist knowledge input and develop a solid understanding of business strategy, products, and markets and ensure on-going professional development in contributing to the best in class offering to Clients.
- Business Development: Contribute to the development of best-in-class approaches to ensure the Firm can secure and deliver on engagements and assignments. Create excellent proposals that show understanding of the market, Client needs, and the Firm’s offering. Ensure opportunities are well understood by the Firm and developed by focusing on relationship development.
- Communication: Take responsibility to ensure appropriate outcome of work is communicated clearly and effectively within reporting lines.
Skills and Attributes:
- Master’s / bachelor’s degree in finance, banking, econometrics, statistics, engineering, or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in IRB, IFRS9 model development / validation for Retail / Non-Retail portfolios.
- Knowledge of relevant regulation and SSM standards.
- Experience in development or validation of Definition of Default, Data Quality / Representativeness analysis.
- Experience with PD, LGD, EAD model developments and validation methodologies; experience with low default portfolio models is an advantage.
- Experience with IFRS9 lifetime PD estimation, Staging, ECL calculations.
- Understanding of bank risk management process, ICAAP, ILAAP, and Loan Pricing.
- Software/IT Skills: R, Python, SAS, Excel, SQL
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, attention to detail, decision making, and planning skills.
- Ability to take ownership of projects/tasks and provide solutions to challenges.
- Communicating effectively at all levels, both in writing and verbally in Greek and in English.
- Proficiency in other European languages (French, German, Spanish) is a bonus.
- Willingness to travel and engage in international projects.
- Establish and maintain a high degree of confidentiality, respect, trust, and integrity at all levels.
- The ability to work effectively either individually or as a member of a multi-skilled team.
- Share the CLEARR values of Grant Thornton (Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect, Responsibility).
- Friendly and dynamic working environment, in which you can develop your skills and competencies.
- A workplace with a strong focus on values and work-life balance and the joint aim to provide the best possible solutions for our clients.
- International exposure through our Grant Thornton network and global opportunities.
- A Learning & Development path, which focuses on both technical & soft skills. You will also have access to coaching and mentoring
- Your professional and personal success is our commitment.
Other benefits to support you in every way possible:
- Competitive remuneration and benefits package, including recognition schemes and 13th salary
- Overtime / Bonus scheme
- Medical insurance
- Provident fund
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Parental leave allowance
- "Be there for our family paid leave" scheme
- "Giving back to the community paid time off" scheme
- "Flexible Working Arrangements" scheme
- "Dress For Your Diary" scheme
- Afternoon off on Fridays
- “We never miss a public holiday” scheme
- Sponsorship of yearly professional subscriptions
- Several opportunities for professional and personal growth through our Grant Thornton International network
What you will you need to do next?
If you believe that Grant Thornton is the right place for you, you have the right attitude, skills, aspiration for success and share our CLEARR values we invite you to submit your application online through Grant Thornton Cyprus together with uploading your latest CV.
Through our fair, transparent and consistent resourcing procedures, we are committed to ensure that the candidate experience for all applicants is of the highest professional standards.