Τεχνολογικό Πανεπιστήμιο Κύπρου - Θέσεις Ερευνητικών Συνεργατών
This job post is expired. You can search for other jobs here at www.carierista.com.
#TP21239 Type: Full time / Contract
CYPRUS UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY
DEPARTMENT OFELECTRICAL ENGINEERING AND COMPUTER ENGINEERING AND INFORMATICS
RESEARCH FELLOW (POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHER) POSITION
Applications are invited from candidates who possess the necessary qualifications in order to fill two (2)Full-timeResearch Fellow positions (Postdoctoral researchers) at the Department of Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering and Informatics in the field of “Complex networks: hidden geometry and dynamics”, funded under the Cyprus Research and Innovation Foundation Programme “Time-Varying Hyperbolic Geometric Graphs”.
The successful applicants will conduct high quality research, whose aim is to address grand-challenge open problems in network science, with profound societal applications. These problems are related to the modelling and prediction of dynamics of real networks (social, biological, technological, etc.) over different time scales, by utilizing the networks’ latent geometry. Specifically, the successful applicants will be involved in: (i) capturing the motion of nodes in the hyperbolic spaces of different real networks using Langevin dynamics; (ii) incorporating the discovered motion equations into sound generative models of time-varying hyperbolic geometric graphs (TV-HGGs), which will satisfy desired statistical properties, and which will explain both the structural and dynamical properties of real networks; and (iii) developing novel statistical inference methods based on these models and Fokker-Planck equations, which will be able to accurately forecast future connections and disconnections in different real networks over different time scales.
The successful applicants will work under the supervision of Prof. Fragkiskos Papadopoulos (https://netsysci.cut.ac.cy/f.papadopoulos/).
Applicants should have:
- A PhD in Applied Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, or in any other relevant discipline.
- Excellent software development skills.
- Excellent technical skills (particularly, skills related to at least one of the following: applied probability/statistics, stochastic processes, graph theory).
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written (English).
The following will be considered as an advantage:
- Expertise in complex networks/network science/network theory.
- Experience in managing research projects.
Τhe appointment will be for a period of twelve (12) months with the prospect of renewal. The monthly cost of employment (program budget) will be €3449,95. From this amount all legal employer and employee contributions will be deducted. The monthly gross salary, based on the legislation currently into effect, is €3002,57. There is provision for 13th salary (the cost of the 13th salary has been proportionally incorporated in the monthly remuneration as analyzed above)
Applicants are requested to submit the following:
1. A complete curriculum vitae
2. A one-page summary of their research experience and their research goals
3. A copy of their most representative publication
4. The names and contact information of two people who are willing to provide references if asked
5. Copy of the PhD degree
6. Copies of transcripts for the BSc and MSc (if applicable) degrees
7. Complete contact information along with dates available for an interview and for commencing employment
Applications must be sent via email at: HRrecruits@cut.ac.cy with the subject: “Application for Research Fellow (Postdoctoral researcher) Position – Department of Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering and Informatics”no later than Friday 20 November 2020, which is the deadline for the submission of the applications.
It is noted that:
- The University adopts an equal opportunity policy at recruitment and the subsequent career stages and encourages both genders to submit an application for all levels of Academic and Administrative Staff.
The University does not discriminate in any way on the basis of gender, religion or belief, ethnic, national or social origin, age, physical ability, marital status and sexual orientation