Full Stack Software Developer
Η συγκεκριμένη αγγελία έχει λήξει. Ψάξτε στο www.carierista.com για αναζήτηση άλλων αγγελιών.
#EC53823 Τύπος: Συμβόλαιο
Position: Full Stack Software Developer
Category: Full-time or Part-time employment
Location: ERATOSTHENES Centre of Excellence, Limassol Cyprus
ERATOSTHENES CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE
One (1) position Full Stack Software Developer
ERATOSTHENES Centre of Excellence (www.eratosthenes.org.cy) of Cyprus University of Technology (www.cut.ac.cy) invites applications for one (1) position of Full Stack Software Developer in the Big Earth Data Analytics Department. The position is open either on a full-time or part-time employment basis.
ERATOSTHENES Centre of Excellence is an autonomous Centre of Excellence with Cyprus University of Technology as its sole stakeholder, specialising in earth observation, space technology and geospatial analysis. Cyprus University of Technology has a 13-year experience in earth observations and geospatial analysis.
Through the “EXCELSIOR” H2020 Teaming Project (https://excelsior2020.eu/), ERATOSTHENES CoE aspires to become a Digital Innovation Hub for Earth Observation and Geospatial Information by offering knowledge, responsible research, open innovation and application services capable of sustaining Cyprus’ development. ERATOSTHENES Centre of Excellence aspires to actively contribute to the European
Research Area (ERA) priorities in Atmosphere and Climate, Resilient Societies and Big Earth Data Analytics, as well as to become the reference Earth Observation/Geoinformation Centre for research and innovation in the Eastern Mediterranean, Middle East and North Africa (EMMENA) region.
A core activity of ERATOSTHENES Centre of Excellence is to conduct high caliber, state-of-the-art research, both basic and applied. A central task is to acquire research funding for the Centre, to provide facilities to the researchers, and to support them to acquire funding for their research independently and via international and local collaborations.
Description of the Position
The successful candidate will be assigned to the technical workforce of the Centre and will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining software and web applications and systems pertaining to the Centre’s activities. Furthermore, she/he will provide support to researchers at different research projects and also be responsible for the maintenance and upgrade of the software of the Centre.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain high-quality web applications and systems using modern programming languages, frameworks and tools, including ASP.net Core;
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to interpret requirements into working code;
- Design and implement scalable, efficient, and secure software architecture for both front-end and back-end;
- Stay up-to-date with the latest programming trends in web development and evaluate potential impact on the Centre’s projects;
- Provide coding assistance on software development to colleagues;
- Maintain the software developed in-house;
- Produce documentation and ensuring proposed solutions are fit for purpose
- Support different research projects and activities;
- Work closely with other systems teams and software developers to ensure successful projects;
- Continuously improve development processes, tools and methodologies to enhance team productivity and efficiency;
- Be part of the Software Developers team of the Centre.
Requirements (must have):
- BSc Degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Computer Engineer, Software Engineering, or relevant field;
- MSc on a relevant field of Computer Science;
- Proven work experience of at least 3 years as a Software Developer with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience in a team environment developing complex web applications;
- Knowledge of software development principles, design patterns and best practices;
- Proficient in front-end technologies, such as HTML5, CSS3, JS (ES6+), and modern JS frameworks (e.g. Angular, React, Vue.js etc.);
- Very good knowledge of back-end technologies including server-side languages (e.g. ASP .net Core, C#, Django, Ruby on Rails, Go etc.);
- Solid understanding of database systems (SQL and NoSQL technologies), along with experience in writing efficient queries and designing database schemas;
- Experience with version control systems (e.g. Git) and collaborative development workflows;
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure or Google Cloud) and deploying applications in a cloud environment;
Desired Qualifications (will be considered an advantage):
- Experience with DevOps practices and tools (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes etc);
- Experience in cross-platform mobile application development;
- Experience with authentication platforms and protocols (e.g., OAuth, JWT, SAML etc.) for securing web applications;
- Previous experience with Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Science;
- Experience with TensorFlow platform or PyTorch.
Profile and Personal Attributes
- Passion for ERATOSTHENES Centre of Excellence mission;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, to prioritise tasks and to schedule activities effectively;
- Adaptability, strong interpersonal skills;
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills;
- Strong attention to detail, good organization and planning skills;
- Trustworthy and committed with high integrity;
- Self-motivated to achieve targets;
- Physical presence in the designated area of employment of the Centre in Cyprus.
The appointment will be for a period of two years (24 months) with the prospect of renewal for another two years. The annual gross salary for the (full-time) position will range from €48947.48 to €52908.42, depending on qualifications and experience. It is noted that there is provision for 13th salary which is proportionally incorporated in the monthly remuneration.
Interested candidates must submit their application comprising of all documents listed below via email to email@example.com, entering in the subject line: “Application for Full Stack Software Developer - ERA-FSSD-43” no later than Wednesday 31 May 2023 at 14.00 CYPRUS TIME, which is the deadline for the submission of the applications.
- A cover letter in English clearly specifying availability date for full time employment;
- Scanned or electronic copies of degree certificates and relevant qualifications. True copies of the originals will be requested for the shortlisted candidates;
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae (including contact details);
- Full contact details of three referees (including their postal and email address). For the shortlisted candidates, the referees may be asked to submit Letters of Reference.
If you have previously applied for any position at ERATOSTHENES Centre of Excellence, a new application is required.
For further information visit ERATOSTHENES Centre of Excellence webpage at http://www.eratosthenes.org.cy
It is noted that:
- Applications which do not fulfill the required qualifications and do not follow the announcement’s guidelines will not be considered. Applications will be treated in strict confidence. All information provided will be processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of the European Union. Personal data shall thus be processed solely for the purpose of the selection procedure.
- The job requires that the Employee is physically present at the Centre’s premises;
- ERATOSTHENES Centre of Excellence is an equal opportunity employer;
- ERATOSTHENES Centre of Excellence does not discriminate in any way on the basis of gender, religion or belief, ethnic, national or social origin, age, physical ability, marital status and sexual orientation or otherwise.