Software Engineer for High-Performance Parallel Computing (ref. no. CaSToRC_SD_22_08)
Η συγκεκριμένη αγγελία έχει λήξει. Ψάξτε στο www.carierista.com για αναζήτηση άλλων αγγελιών.
#TC44293 Τύπος: Πλήρης Απασχόληση
Closing Date: 02/10/2022
The Cyprus Institute (CyI) is a European non-profit science and technology oriented Educational and Research Institution based in Cyprus and led by an acclaimed Board of Trustees. The research agenda of the CyI is pursued at its four Research Centres: The Computation-based Science and Technology Research Center (CaSToRC), the Science and Technology in Archaeology and Culture Research Center (STARC), the Energy Environment Water Research Center (EEWRC) and the Climate and Atmospheric Research Center (CARE-C). Considerable cross-center interaction is a characteristic of the Institute’s culture.
The Cyprus Institute invites applications for a highly qualified and motivated individual to join the Institute as a Software Engineer for the development of a high-performance computing (HPC) library of parallel programs implementing innovative algorithms. The successful candidate will coordinate activities relating to software engineering for imaging, primarily medical, in research activities of the Institute. The position's main objective is to produce parallel code for CPU and GPU clusters capable of running on petascale facilities.
The successful candidate will need to have expertise on both the algorithms and the HPC technology of the implementation environment and develop programs using the latest software development tools, techniques, and approaches, and will collaborate closely with other leading experts in the field.
The successful candidate will also prepare deliverables and scientific and technical reports related to the project outputs in collaboration with other research team members.
The rank of the position will depend on the qualifications and experience of the selected candidate. The initial period of the appointment will be for a duration of 2 years with the possibility of renewal, depending on performance and availability of funds. Remote working is negotiable for this position. An internationally competitive remuneration package will be offered, which is commensurate with the level of experience of the successful candidate.
Responsibilities/activities to be involved in:
- Leading Software Engineering activities for the development of an (HPC) library of parallel programs implementing innovative algorithms development for medical imaging
- Programming for CPU and GPU clusters (massive code production capable to run on petascale facilities is the main objective of the project)
- Maintaining close collaboration with other leading experts in the field
- Organization and documentation of high-quality modular code
- Preparing deliverables, scientific and technical reports related to the project
- Bachelor's degree in: Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, Physics or Engineering.
- 2-year work experience as software engineer
- Experience in software development, using source control and development platforms, like GitHub or GitLab
- Experience in software development cycles like Agile or Waterfall
- Experience in Python, C++ or other widely used programming environment.
- Understanding scientific algorithms
- Working knowledge of Linux software development environment
- Excellent English for oral communication and writing technical reports
- Experience in scaling up of algorithms and applications for supercomputers.
- Experience in parallel programming on heterogeneous architectures with scaling capabilities for clusters.
- Experience in GPU accelerated libraries for C++ or Python, such as Numba or CuPy
- Experience in CUDA or OpenCL GPU programming.
- Experience in code profiling and code optimization, resulting in high application performance.
For full consideration, interested applicants should process their application at The Cyprus Institute Exelsys Platform (https://onlinerecruitment.exelsyslive.com/?c=6E7274A2-8EBA-4BEA-905B-06F790EEB566/) based on the instructions given. Applicants should submit a curriculum vitae including a short letter of interest, and a list of three (3) referees (including contact information) (all documentation should be in English and in PDF Format). For further information, please contact Mr. Konstantinos Kleovoulou (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please note that applications, which do not fulfill the required qualifications and do not follow the announcement’s guidelines will not be considered.
Recruitment will continue until the position is filled.
The Cyprus Institute is an Equals Opportunity employer certified from the Cypriot Ministry of Labor and also an HRS4R accredited Institution that adheres to the European Commission’s “Charter & Code” principles for recruitment and selection.
Contact person: Konstantinos Kleovoulou
Reference number: CaSToRC_SD_22_08