School IT Administrator
Η συγκεκριμένη αγγελία έχει λήξει. Ψάξτε στο www.carierista.com για αναζήτηση άλλων αγγελιών.
#IP44078 Τύπος: Πλήρης Απασχόληση
School IT Administrator to start asap
The Island Private School of Limassol in Cyprus is opening in September 2022 and looking to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced IT administrator.
We are in the process of planning our new school campus on a beautiful 50,000 m2 site that will include kindergartens, elementary and high schools, an international boarding school, and accommodation for teachers. This is a great opportunity to join a growing school on the cusp of a major turning point.
The IT Administrator’s role is to manage computer software systems, servers, and network connections to ensure high levels of availability and security of the supported school applications. This individual also participates in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure system provisioning and maintenance that is consistent with school goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Instals and maintains campus web, application, and authentication server(s); ensures backup copies of all files are routinely made and securely stored at a separate location; maintains system documentation.
- Ensure the integrity and security of enterprise data on host computers, multiple databases, and during data transfer in accordance to college needs and industry best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Manage user accounts, permissions, access rights, and storage allocations in accordance with best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware and software problems on servers and storage devices.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software and hardware improvements, upgrades, patches, reconfigurations, and/or purchases
- Instals, configures, and maintains network routers and firewall(s).
- Instals, configures, and maintains VOIP phone systems.
- Instals, configures and maintains application and storage servers for systems including library, LMS, document imaging, and ERP.
- Assists in installation and configuration of network hubs and switches.
- Performs other related tasks as required.
- B.Sc/Master’s Degree in IT/Computer science or relevant degree;
- Two to Three years of system administration experience, or a combination of education and experience commensurate with the requirements of the position.
- Operational knowledge of network and routing protocols
- Operational knowledge of router configuration and programming
- Ability to adapt, integrate, and modify existing programs or vendor-supplied packaged programs for use with existing information systems
- Ability to troubleshoot and perform routine maintenance on servers, computers, and peripheral equipment
- Ability to communicate information to faculty, students, staff, and the public in a clear and concise manner
- Ability and desire to work as a member of a team
- Be fluent in English;
- Competitive salary;
- Contract for 1 year (renewable);
- Professional development opportunities;
- You are also required to provide details of two referees.
- Contract Type: Full time
- Start date: asap
To apply, please send your CV in English Language and a Cover Letter why you are interested in this position to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting in subject line: “IT Administrator’’.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to arrange an interview via Zoom. Candidates may be contacted at any stage after submitting their applications.
The Island School of Limassol is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo relevant background checks.