Team Lead Data Loading [TLDL:MPCy]
This job post is expired. You can search for other jobs here at www.carierista.com.
#BM09183 Type: Full time
The main objective of this role is to ensure that all data in the MP internal operational systems is up-to-date in order to maximize the efficiency of the DMCs’ commercial departments and to provide accurate contracts information to all MP Clients in a time-to-market manner. The successful candidate will lead the Loading Team and ensure its functionality and efficiency at all times.
Meeting Point Cyprus is a rapidly growing full service, Destination Management Company (DMC) established in Nicosia. Meeting Point Cyprus is a subsidiary of Meeting Point International (MPI), which is a part of the FTI Touristik Group (www.fti.de) and is offering fully fledged destination management services to Group Tour Operators as well as third party Operators.
As part of the FTI Touristic Group, the fourth largest Travel Operator in Germany and in Europe, Meeting Point is a worldwide company providing destination management services for travel professionals. Current destinations we operate in include popular Mediterranean holiday hot-spots such as: The Canaries, Spain, Greece, Turkey, Portugal, Italy, Croatia and Cyprus, further afield resorts such as Azores, Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia and Lebanon, and long-haul destinations such as USA, the Caribbean, Thailand, the UAE and Oman.
About the role / Key Responsibilities
Day to Day Data Quality and Efficiency of Bookable and Non-Bookable Content (Accommodation)
- Translate new purchase contracts into operational system and review the contracts in order to match systems requirements
- Apply pricing policy and commercial conditions to purchase contracts in line with the sales strategy of the commercial department
- Implement contract changes, updates or amendments on a daily basis: ensure zero delay in the delivery of rates, allotments or any other updates of commercial conditions
- Maintain the inventory in the in-house system as well as in the Clients’ systems
- Create Hotel Descriptions in the system and ensure that they are up-to-date with daily hotel changes, their occupancy types, F&B offer, etc. for the benefit of all MP Clients with
- information provided by hotel guides and commercial staff
- Keep up-to-date with corporate software standards, requirements and changes, as well as with existing and new systems, in order to ensure data accuracy, and business efficiency & results
Team Management and Training
- Lead Data Loading Team based in and out of the destination to ensure full shift coverage within the Department at all times
- Implement an efficient monitoring process together with a zero-mistake mindset in order to guarantee quality of data at all times within the Loading Team
- Ensure that the Loading Team has full expertise of functionalities and limitations of all operational systems related to accommodation products
- Train consistently and effectively the respective team members to be competent in their role and develop their potential within the organization
Support Group Processes and New System implementation
- Define procedures and workflow within the Data Loading Department and with the rest of DMCs’ Departments to ensure maximum efficiency and the best possible service
- Act as a support to the Operations Manager Data and Systems in the implementation and development of new systems as well as new processes and procedures that cater to the digitalization of the company
- Continuous information exchange with Contracting, Commercial and Reservations Department in order to make the necessary adjustments and to improve the system’s workflow
- Coordinate Data Loaders dedicated to the destination
- Work hand-in-hand with the Support Operations manager to solve systems’ issues
- Prepare statistic reports if requested by the Contracting and Commercial Department
- External relations: direct contact with FTI Group Product Department for contract loading
Skills & Abilities
- Strong customer orientation, analytical skills and commercial acumen
- Highly organized professional with attention to detail and high productivity
- Communication Skills: ability to interact and work collaboratively with functional departments such as Contracting and Commercial, C-Level management and support
- Strong time-management abilities and organizational skills
- Ability to formulate and clearly present processes, procedures and guidelines
- Ability to train and lead team members and new employees
- Ability to present information in a concise and logical manner
- Fluency in English
- An academic qualification at graduate level in Tourism (Bachelor’s Degree) is desirable
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience in a similar position or in the commercial area of a DMC, Tour Operator or similar is highly desirable
- Advanced IT Systems knowledge including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Experience in Systems implementation is a plus
- Experience in the tourism industry is a plus
- A competitive remuneration package shall be negotiated with the successful applicant based on his/her qualifications and experiences.
- Candidates should send their applications to: HR@meetingpointcyprus.com by 25th of July 2019.
- All applications must include the candidate’s CV in Word or PDF format.
- Applications should clearly state the Code of the position they are applying for as well as the name and surname of the candidate under the “Subject” of the e-mail
- Applications not following the above format shall not be considered
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Any queries should be communicated to the above e-mail address