This job post is expired. You can search for other jobs here at www.carierista.com.
#CR59033 Type: Full time
CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, a long-established and respected provider of a wide range of cargo transportation sea services to global clientele, we are seeking to recruit an Accountant to join their growing team based in Limassol. Working as part of an established finance department, the successful applicant will handle a variety of accounting, bookkeeping and finance related duties including entering financial information into the accounting system, issuing client invoices, conducting regular bank reconciliations, as well as preparing various reports. You will ideally be educated to degree level in Accounting, Finance, Economics or similar and will need to possess proven experience in a relevant role, ideally gained working in the shipping industry or a related sector. Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English are essential and any knowledge of Greek and/or Russian will be considered a plus.
- Enter financial information into the accounting system.
- Issue invoices to customers in due time.
- Ensure that freight revenue is received on time.
- Carry out regular bank reconciliations and keep control over freight receipts.
- Ensure that all invoices and statements provided by vendors are approved.
- Liaise with agents, technical or commercial managers in terms of invoicing improvement.
- Liaise with chartering team when freight is not correct.
- Conduct assets management and fleet revaluation and dry-dock calculations when necessary.
- Prepare Group Reports as per deadlines.
- Prepare vessel’s results as per deadlines.
- Reconcile intercompany balances and transactions.
- Undertake other reconciliation work as required.
- Assist the department to ensure all information is entered accurately and in a timely manner.
- Other tasks as required by Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or another relevant field is desirable.
- Previous experience working in a relevant Accounting, Bookkeeping and/or Finance position is essential.
- Previous experiencer working in the Shipping industry will be considered a significant advantage.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of Greek and/or Russian will be considered a plus.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment.
- Time management and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work as and when required ensuring tasks are completed on time.
- Have a proactive work approach, i.e., problem solving, finding better ways to complete tasks.
- Maintain accurate and orderly accounting records.
- Good attention to details skills.