Senior Accountant (6551)
This job post is expired. You can search for other jobs here at www.carierista.com.
#CR57846 Type: Full time
CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, a long-established and expanding company operating in the Financial Services sector, we are seeking to recruit a Senior Accountant to join their growing team based in Limassol. Reporting to the Finance Manager, the successful applicant will handle a variety of accounting tasks including the preparation of financial statements, budgets, forecasts, as well as financial analysis. You will ideally be educated to degree level in Accounting, Finance, Economics or a related field and be a full member of a recognised accounting body (ACA, ACCA, CPA). Our client is seeking a candidate with approximately 5+ years of proven experience in a relevant role, with excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Manage the month-end close process, including preparing and reviewing journal entries, account reconciliations, and financial statements.
- Oversee the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Review and analyse financial data and provide recommendations to Management.
- Manage the accounts payable and accounts receivable processes.
- Prepare and file quarterly and annual tax returns.
- Ensure compliance with accounting standards and regulations.
- Liaise with authorities and third parties as and when required.
- Lead a team of junior accountants and provide training and development opportunities.
- Assist with the preparation of management reports and presentations.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision.
- Provide support to the finance team on special projects as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance or a related field.
- ACA/ACCA membership preferred.
- Approximately 5+ years of experience in Accounting and Finance is essential.
- Strong knowledge of VAT, Tax, GAAP frameworks and financial reporting principles.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent command of English (both verbal & written).
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office and accounting software (e.g., QuickBooks, Excel).