University of Cyprus - biobank.cy - Special Scientist - Biobank Manager
This job post is expired. You can search for other jobs here at www.carierista.com.
#PK56932 Type: Full time / Contract
UNIVERSITY OF CYPRUS
CENTER OF EXCELLENCE IN BIOBANKING AND BIOMEDICAL RESEARCH
VACANT POSITION FOR A SPECIAL SCIENTIST – BIOBANK MANAGER
Title: Special Scientist - Biobank Manager
Number of positions: One (1)
Category: Contract for 2 years, with potential for renewal
Place of employment: University of Cyprus, Nicosia
The biobank.cy Center of Excellence in Biobanking and Biomedical Research of the University of Cyprus has one opening for a Special Scientist, funded by the research program: Biobanking and the Cyprus Human Genome Project (CY-Biobank), which is co-funded by the European Commission, the Republic of Cyprus and the University of Cyprus.
biobank.cy Center of Excellence
Established in 2019, the biobank.cy is developing the first Biobank in Cyprus while it aspires to fostering frontline research on human genetic diseases and offer better prospects for diagnosis, prevention and therapy, in the framework of precision medicine.
The candidate must possess:
1. MSc or PhD in Molecular Biology/Genetics or any other related biomedical field, with at least 2 years of managerial laboratory experience. Kindly note that this is not a research position.
2. Previous work in a Biobank will be considered an advantage.
3. Knowledge of quality management systems will be considered an advantage.
4. Advanced computational skills and ability to operate complex laboratory equipment including automation.
The candidate should be creative, enthusiastic, and passionate. Candidates do not have to be citizens of the Republic of Cyprus. A candidate with previous experience in a similar position, who also has proven qualifications and the ability to take initiatives, will be preferred.
1. Manage a major biobanking activity, supervise and train junior technical personnel.
2. Coordinate the technical setup of the biobank infrastructure.
3. Implement and maintain high quality biobanking regarding donor participation, data and sample storage.
4. Implement ISO certification as applied to laboratory activities and especially to biobanking (ISO 20387), by contributing to the development and maintenance of the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), protocols, technical notes, guidelines and flow charts, aimed to the highest data and sample quality.
5. Train on the use and operation of the Biobank Management Information System (BIMS).
6. Organize campaigns around the country for donor enrolment to the Biobank.
7. Operate multiple equipment for sample receipt, processing, archiving and retrieval.
8. Oversee material quality assurance, audits pertaining to sample accessioning and archiving.
9. Investigate, report and document deviations in daily practical operations.
Terms of employment
The position is for a two-year full-time contract with the possibility of renewal depending on funding. The monthly gross earnings will range depending on qualifications from €2500-€3500. Employee contributions will be deducted from this amount. The program does not provide for the payment of 13th salary.
Submission of applications:
1. A letter expressing interest for the position with a brief description of qualifications relevant to the opening (1 page).
2. A brief Curriculum Vitae with description of previous experience (3 pages).
3. Copies of degrees.
10. Contact details of at least two people qualified to provide references upon request.
11. Certificates attesting to the good knowledge of the greek and english language, unless this is attested by the mother tongue of the candidate or he/she is a graduate of a greek/english school/University.
At least the best three candidates that satisfy the required qualifications, will be interviewed by a 3-member Committee. Candidates shall be informed of the result of their application by the relevant entity.
The University of Cyprus shall collect and process your personal data according to the provisions of the General Regulation on Personal Data 2016/679 (EU).
The University of Cyprus (UCY) is committed to promoting inclusivity, diversity, and equality, as well as the elimination of all forms of discrimination in order to provide a fair, safe, and pleasant environment for the entire university community, where students and staff members will feel supported both in their professional and personal development, within and beyond their multiple identities. To this end, UCY seeks to create the necessary conditions that will encourage and respect diversity and ensure dignity both in the workplace and society at large. Moreover, UCY has adopted specific policies to promote equal opportunities, as well as respect and understanding of diversity, while it is committed to promoting and maintaining a working, teaching, and learning environment, free from any form of discrimination, whether direct or indirect.
The application material should be sent electronically as one single pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org , at the latest until 31st October 2023.
For more information the candidates may contact the Coordinator of the project, Prof. C. Deltas, Tel.: 22-892882 or Email: Deltas@ucy.ac.cy