Systems Support Engineer (Remote) (6302)
This job post is expired. You can search for other jobs here at www.carierista.com.
#CR48693 Type: Full time / Remote
CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, an International provider of IT Infrastructure & Support services to a diverse portfolio of clients located around the world, we are seeking to recruit a Systems Support Engineer to join their growing team based in Cyprus. The successful applicant will have proven experience with Windows Server & Desktop administration and well as solid experience with virtualisation and associated technologies, particularly managing VMware vSphere environments. Excellent communication skills in English are a must. Our client offers fully remote working conditions for the successful applicant based in Cyprus as well as a highly competitive and attractive remuneration package. Working hours for this position are from 11:00am to 8:00pm Cyprus time to mirror the UK market.
- Providing support to existing and potential customers.
- To act as an escalation point to assist colleagues on more complex issues.
- Lead the deployment of new systems and solutions.
- Documenting solutions and training others to support them effectively.
- Developing bespoke internal solutions to solve unique challenges.
- Growing and sharing own skills and knowledge to benefit the team and the company.
- Experienced in managing Windows server and desktop OS (Server 2012/2016/2019, Windows 10).
- Comfortable managing a Windows domain, particularly working with all aspects of Active Directory and Group Policy.
- Good experience with virtualisation and associated technologies, particularly managing VMware vSphere environments.
- A good understanding of core networking technologies – IPs, Gateways, Subnets, DNS, DHCP, etc.
- Experience working with server and networked storage infrastructure.
- Citrix experience useful but not essential.
- Experience of helpdesk service and ticket management solutions.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Very good communication skills in English, both written and spoken.
- Passionate about technology and providing a high degree of service to customers.
- Ability and desire to develop new skills, expand knowledge, and experience new technologies.
- Self-motivated, able to work without supervision as well as being flexible with a proactive approach.
- Able to manage own workload and find time to help colleagues with theirs.
- Ability to teach others and effectively transfer knowledge to others in the team.
- Access to a reliable broadband connection at home (5Mbps or better).
- Suitable environment at home to work from, including space to run multiple monitors and occasional server equipment.
- A willingness and ability to work from 11:00am to 8:00pm Cyprus time to mirror the UK market.