Head of AMLCO (6201)
This job post is expired. You can search for other jobs here at www.carierista.com.
#CR46424 Type: Full time
CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, a newly established Electronic Money Institution (EMI) currently in the process of obtaining its operating license from the Central Bank of Cyprus, we are seeking to recruit a Head of AMLCO to join their growing team based in Nicosia. The successful applicant will primarily be responsible for designing procedures, policies and controls for proper reporting of AML issues as required by the relevant authorities here in Cyprus. You will also prepare and submit various reports for approval to the Head of Compliance as well as the Board of Directors, constantly assessing the risks for money laundering and terrorist financing. Our client is seeking a candidate with a minimum of 2+ years of experience within a similar AML focused role, ideally within a regulated environment, such as the CBC or CySEC and hold relevant industry certifications such as ACAMS, CySEC (AML) and/or ICA qualifications.
- Prepare and submit a report recording for approval to the Head of Compliance / Board of Directors, and assessing the risks for money laundering and terrorist financing.
- Record and assess on an annual basis all risks arising from existing and new customers, new products and services and the adoption of measures with additions or changes to the systems and procedures implemented by the company for the effective management of these risks.
- Submission of the AML annual report to Head of Compliance, the board and the regulator and all other relevant reports needed for Compliance and AML purposes.
- Monitoring and assessment of the correct and effective implementation of the AML reporting policy, procedures and controls that have been introduced.
- Application of appropriate monitoring mechanisms that will provide with the necessary information for the level of compliance with the AML reporting policies and procedures.
- Liaise with authorities, partners, regulators, external and internal stakeholders for AML and CFT reporting topics.
- Evaluate the findings of the Internal Audit to take corrective action for issues of prevention of money laundering and terrorist financing.
- Lead and develop regulatory compliance policies and carry out ongoing monitoring and investigations on merchants, partners, and vendors.
- Develop and maintain regulatory compliance policies and procedures including KYC, AML and sanctions screening.
- Develop and maintain appropriate control measures to monitor KYC, AML, complaint handling and funds safeguarding.
- Implement suitable compliance controls to new business initiatives and products.
- Design and manage effective due diligence and monitoring program to third parties and vendors.
- Review marketing materials and ongoing monitoring of the company's website to ensure compliance with the requirements of the relevant legislation, regulation and card schemes rules.
- Receipt and handling of clients' complaints.
- Establish and maintain appropriate risk-based monitoring processes that are proportionate to the scale, nature and complexity of the firm's operations.
- Ensure all internal suspicious activity reports received are investigated without delay.
- Make recommendations for action to remedy any deficiencies in policies, procedures, systems or controls and follow up on those recommendations.
- Implement the Internal Suspicious Reporting procedure, train the employees on it and follows the application of such procedures from the review of the report to the communication with MOKAS.
- Ideally educated to degree level in Economics, Finance, Business or a related field.
- Approximately 2+ years of experience within a regulated environment within a similar AMLCO focused position.
- Previous approval of the CBC/CySEC for the AMLCO/Alternate AMLCO is a plus.
- ACAMS, CySEC (AML), ICA qualifications.
- Analytical skills with ability to analyse complex information and make relevant judgement.
- Excellent English and Greek verbal and written skills.
- Deep understanding of EU regulatory environment.
- Ability to multitask and excellent interpersonal skill.