Assistant Consultant (Regulatory Compliance) (6273)
This job post is expired. You can search for other jobs here at www.carierista.com.
#CR46120 Type: Full time
CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, one of Cyprus’ most well established and respected Financial Services Consulting Groups, we are seeking to recruit an Assistant Consultant to join their growing regulatory compliance team based in Limassol. The successful applicant will primarily be responsible for drafting, reviewing and updating manuals, policies, processes and procedures with respect to the operation of investment firms as well as performing regular monitoring by following a Compliance Monitoring Programme to ensure that compliance standards and obligations of investment firms are adhered to. You will ideally hold an academic background in Economics, Mathematics, Business, Finance, Accounting, Risk Management, Law or any other related discipline and approximately 1-2+ years of previous experience within a corporate environment or the financial services sector will be considered a significant advantage. Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Greek & English are a must.
- Draft, review and update manuals, policies, processes and procedures with respect to the operations of investment firms.
- Perform regular monitoring by following a Compliance Monitoring Programme to ensure that compliance standards and obligations of investment firms are adhered to.
- Support Senior Consultants with onsite and desk-based inspections on regulatory compliance matters.
- Ensure investment firms fulfil their annual obligations and licence conditions. Provide advice and solutions to investment firms on regulatory compliance queries/issues.
- Provide support to the compliance expert team, help to coordinate with other departments (legal & corporate, accounting & tax, capital adequacy, internal audit etc.) and develop strong working relationships.
- Communicate on behalf of investment firms with the Cyprus Securities & Exchange Commission and other local and EU authorities.
- Communicate with personnel and management of investment firms.
- Provide guidance and assistance to investment firms regarding client complaints. Prepare applications, notifications and record updates for the Cyprus Securities & Exchange Commission (CySEC) on behalf of investment firms.
- Work closely with a Senior Consultant to draft and review annual reports on Compliance, Risk Management, Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and related matters. Review and analyse new regulations and advise how these are impacting investment firms.
- Develop compliance and AML training material and support with ongoing compliance training to investment firms’ personnel.
- Support AML checks and reviews and undertake client identification and due diligence of investment firms’ clients.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree, from a reputable university, in Economics, Mathematics, Business, Finance, Accounting, Risk Management, Law or any other related discipline.
- Some knowledge in regulatory frameworks, such as AML, KYC, MiFiD, EMIR etc...
- Active interest in relevant regulatory standards and best practice trends.
- Knowledge of the financial services sector, gained ideally from working in corporate environments.
- Strong organisational, analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Ability to take ownership and provide solutions to challenges.
- Team spirit and willingness to study and develop.
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills.
- Communicating effectively, both in writing and verbally in Greek and in English and have strong influencing skills.
- Computer literate, including Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel).
- CySEC Certificate (Basic or Advanced) for the provision of investment services will be considered an advantage.
- Competitive remuneration package including a 13th salary.
- Discretionary performance-based annual bonus.
- Provident fund upon successful completion of the probation period.
- One afternoon off and working from home.
- 23 days of annual leave.
- In-house and external training courses.