Software Engineer (PHP)
This job post is expired. You can search for other jobs here at www.carierista.com.
#AM44165 Type: Full time
In one sentence
Responsible for design, development, modification, debug and/or maintenance of software systems
What will your job look like?
• You will design, develop, modify, debug and/or maintain software code according to functional, non-functional and technical design specifications.
• You will follow Amdocs software engineering standards, applicable software development methodology and release processes, to ensure code is maintainable, scalable, and supportable, and demo the software products to stakeholders.
• You will investigate issues by reviewing/debugging code, provide fixes and workarounds, and review changes for operability to maintain existing software solutions.
• You will work within a team, collaborate and add value through participation in peer code reviews, provide comments and suggestions, and work with cross functional teams to achieve goals.
• You will assume technical accountability for your specific work products within an application and provide technical support during solution design for new requirements.
• You will be encouraged to actively look for innovation, continuous improvement, and efficiency in all assigned tasks.
All you need is...
• At least 3 years of experience developing in Object Oriented PHP and strong understanding of modern PHP best practices
• Production level experience with developing within Laravel framework
• PHPUnit or other PHP testing framework for writing unit and integration tests
• Experience with MySQL and crafting high performance SQL queries in pure SQL or using Eloquent ORM
• Strong expertise in API design, development and integration (RESTful and SOAP web services, JSON/XML) using PHP
• Strong understanding of backend best practices, OOP techniques and proven ways to solve complex asynchronous problems
• Experience with Git (command line) and overall version control best practices
• Understanding and experience supporting DevOps technologies such as AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, Kafka, Linux etc...
• Establish and apply good design patterns and also develop new patterns when appropriate for assigned work
• Develop with scale and security in mind and write maintainable, testable code across our codebases
• Understand HTTP request response fundamentals and how web application work
• Create technical and user documentation to enable knowledge sharing among the team as well as the user community
Why you will love this job:
• You will be challenged to design and develop new software applications.
• You will have the opportunity to work in a growing organization, with ever growing opportunities for personal growth.
If you are interested, please apply here.
Amdocs is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce