Software Engineer (Python)
This job post is expired. You can search for other jobs here at www.carierista.com.
#AM44164 Type: Full time
In one sentence
Responsible for design, development, modification, debug and/or maintenance of software systems
What will your job look like?
• You will design, develop, modify, debug and/or maintain software code according to functional, non-functional and technical design specifications.
• You will follow Amdocs software engineering standards, applicable software development methodology and release processes, to ensure code is maintainable, scalable, and supportable, and demo the software products to stakeholders.
• You will investigate issues by reviewing/debugging code, provide fixes and workarounds, and review changes for operability to maintain existing software solutions.
• You will work within a team, collaborate and add value through participation in peer code reviews, provide comments and suggestions, and work with cross functional teams to achieve goals.
• You will assume technical accountability for your specific work products within an application and provide technical support during solution design for new requirements.
• You will be encouraged to actively look for innovation, continuous improvement, and efficiency in all assigned tasks.
All you need is...
• 3+ years of programming experience in Python, debugging, performance analysis, and test design skills.
• Expert proficiency with core Python and expertise in at least one popular Python framework (like Django, Flask)
• Knowledge of object-relational mapping (ORM) and experience with SQLAlchemy / Django ORM
• Debugging applications to ensure low-latency and high-availability
• Familiarity with various testing tools
• Experience designing data models and managing database migrations
• Design and implement high quality, robust, and reusable software using python conforming to industry best practices.
• Thorough experience with PostgreSQL or similar relational DB
• Contribute to code quality through unit testing, integration testing, code review, and system design using Python
• Strong expertise in API design, development and integration (RESTful and SOAP web services, JSON/XML) using Python
• Expertise in developing with python in AWS Lambda environment and working with SQS, S3 using boto3 SDK
• Strong understanding of backend best practices, OOP techniques and proven ways to solve complex asynchronous problems
• Experience with Git (command line) and overall version control best practices
• Understanding and experience supporting DevOps technologies such as AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, Kafka, Linux etc...
• Establish and apply good design patterns and also develop new patterns when appropriate for assigned work
• Develop with scale and security in mind and write maintainable, testable code across our codebases
• Understand HTTP request response fundamentals and how web application work
• Create technical and user documentation to enable knowledge sharing among the team as well as the user community
Why you will love this job:
• You will be challenged to design and develop new software applications.
• You will have the opportunity to work in a growing organization, with ever growing opportunities for personal growth.
If you are interested, please apply here.