Special Scientist Position (Administrative and Communications Assistant) - Economics Research Center
This job post is expired. You can search for other jobs here at www.carierista.com.
#PK39397 Type: Full time / Contract
UNIVERSITY OF CYPRUS
SPECIAL SCIENTIST POSITION (ADMINISTRATIVE AND COMMUNICATIONS ASSISTANT)
ECONOMICS RESEARCH CENTER
Title: Special Scientist (Administrative and Communications Assistant)
Number of Positions: One (1)
Category: Full time employment, one-year contract, with the possibility of two – year renewals, based on performance.
Place of work: University of Cyprus, Nicosia, Cyprus.
The Economics Research Center at the University of Cyprus would like to announce one (1) full-time Special Scientist Administrative and Communications Assistant), position in the capacity of the project “SInnoPSis”, which is funded by the European Union programme “Horizon 2020” for Research and Innovation, 2014 – 2020.
The project “SInnoPSis” – ERA Chair in Science and Innovation Policy & Studies", has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme. The ERA Chair in Science and Innovation Policy & Studies (SInnoPSis) aims to bring together excellent academics from the linked scientific departments and consolidate all related research activities at the University of Cyprus (UCY).
This vision is realised under the guidance of the ERA Chair holder, accompanied by a group of exceptional scientists in the field of Science and Innovation Policy and Studies (SIPS). Establishment of a multidisciplinary research unit will allow optimal exploitation of the existing research capacity and infrastructures of UCY and facilitate the gradual upgrade of the research activities in the field.
The principal thematic focus will be on the SIPS field, including all connected fields with emphasis on Economics & Management and secondarily Social and Political Sciences, Philosophy and Information Technology. The Chair and his group will aim to create significant impact in Cyprus, sharing expertise and research policy advice. For instance, interaction will be maintained with the Chief Scientist and the National Council of Research and Innovation in significant issues related to SIPS science and innovation policies in Cyprus.
- University degree and master’s degree, preferably in Communication, Economics, or other Social Sciences.
- Near native level of English, both verbal and written.
- Fluency in using office software, particularly excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Previous project management experience is highly desirable.
- Previous experience in grant writing is highly desirable.
- Previous relevant experience in a communications/events organisation setting is highly desirable.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Very good knowledge of Greek is an advantage.
- Integrity, professionalism, good judgment, responsibility, initiative, and honesty.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES OF COMMUNICATIONS ASSISTANT
The Administrative and Communications Assistant will have the following responsibilities related to the EU project “SInnoPSis”.
- Communication with local and international partners to assist to the organisation of events, seminars, networking and all other activities concerning the project.
- Contribute to the writing of deliverables to the European Commission, and on documents related to further research projects.
- Administrative support for the project (preparation of reports, preparation of timesheets, preparation and monitoring of payment orders, etc.)
- Contribution to the dissemination, exploitation and communication of the research results of the “SinnoPSis” project to the scientific community, policy-makers and the general public.
TERMS OF CONTRACT
The employment of the Special Scientist (Administrative and Communications Assistant) will be with a contract, under the supervision of the ERA Chair holder, Zacharias Maniadis. The duration of the employment will be initially for 1 year, with the possibility of two one-year renewals, based on performance. The monthly gross salary (it includes employee contributions) will be between €1,500 – €2,000 based on merit and experience. There is no provision for 13th Salary.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
All applicants are requested to submit the following items:
- Full CV in English (max 2 pages A4)
- Two letters of recommendation related to past relevant employment.
At least the best three candidates that satisfy the required qualifications, will be interviewed by a 3-member Committee. Candidates shall be informed of the result of their application by the relevant entity.
The University of Cyprus shall collect and process your personal data according to the provisions of the General Regulation on Personal Data 2016/679 (EU).