This job post is expired. You can search for other jobs here at www.carierista.com.
#GT21921 Type: Full time
We are looking for candidates at the level of Trainee / Affiliate, about to become qualified or at the status of having 1-2 exams left with work experience of at least two years. Newly qualified candidates are also eligible to apply.
Role Description: New member joining will be principally involved in the provision of our compliance services and, with the necessary support, will have the day to day responsibility for all compliance work undertaken by the Vat team under the supervision of a Manager. Eventually, he/she will be involved in the provision of high-quality advisory work in all sectors of business, including the public sector in Cyprus and beyond. The Company will invest towards the personal and professional development of the new team member enabling him/her to gain: Knowledge of VAT laws and regulations, skills on how to deal with compliance and consulting across all areas of Indirect Taxes focusing on VAT consulting across all sectors of business in Cyprus and beyond, experience in managing VAT risks and the overall ability to make good judgments.
The responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Establishing effective working relationships with colleagues and clients
- Being proactively involved in the VAT compliance management of the client
- Contributing to the development of personal and team knowledge
- Building own network of contacts through regular attendance at internal and external meetings
- Keeping up to date with changes in law and with the firm's products and services
- Keeping up to date with local and national business and economic issues that might potentially impact on clients and /or their industry
Skills / Requirements:
- Demonstrate ownership and ease with taking initiatives, planning, organizing and prioritizing tasks
- Team player and flexible to work on various types of assignments both independently and in a team
- Be highly motivated with interest in VAT
- Willing to study and learn more about CY and EU VAT legislation
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and agile to work outside normal office hours on demand
- Excellent command of the English language and strong communication skills
- Enthusiastic and positive living up to our CLEARR values of Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility
A competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidate according to qualifications and experience including 13th salary, medical insurance and several opportunities for professional and personal growth through our Grant Thornton International network.
If you believe that Grant Thornton is the right place for you, you have the right attitude, skills and aspiration for success, we invite you to complete our online application and submit your cv here