General Manager - Nicosia (On behalf of Deloitte Client)
This job post is expired. You can search for other jobs here at www.carierista.com.
#DL19165 Type: Full time
GENERAL MANAGER - NICOSIA
Our client is one of the leading FMCG companies in Cyprus, engaged in the distribution and sales of FMCGs products. The Company’s main objective is to provide high quality products and solutions to customers, while continually investing in the growth of its people, Principals and brands.
The General Manager will report directly to the Board of Directors and will have the overall responsibility to provide effective oversight and leadership for the successful implementation of the business strategy, monitor operational and financial aspects to achieve optimization, ensure that the Company is appropriately resourced and that customer satisfaction and employee engagement are consistently at high levels. This position offers opportunity for advancement at the Company’s Group Level. The General Manager will be responsible for the following duties, amongst other:
- Liaise with the Board of Directors to establish the strategic priorities, communicate the business strategy across the Company and engage employees for the achievement of short-term and long-term objectives
- Define and monitor key performance metrics, develop reporting systems to improve clarity of business performance and take corrective action when necessary
- Safeguard the Company’s competitiveness and leadership position by identifying and pursuing growth opportunities
- Oversee key operations of the various departments and establish effective processes
- Provide leadership and direction to departmental managers, provide feedback on the performance of their department and opportunities for further development
- Review on a regular basis the financial performance of the Company and ensure timely preparation of key management reports for review by the Board of Directors
- Establish and enforce quality standards, so as to ensure delivery of high quality service to customers
- Monitor and ensure that all operations comply with the Company’s policies and procedures and applicable legislation and regulations
- Liaise with local authorities and other stakeholders, to safeguard the Company’s interests
- Manage external relationships with Principals and other related parties
- University degree (BA/BSc) and postgraduate degree (MA/MSc/MBA) in Business Administration, Economics, Financial Management or a related field, and/or a Professional Qualification (CFA, ACA, ACCA, CPA)
- At least seven (7) years of experience in a general / senior management position in the FMCG sector
- Experience in the pharmaceutical sector will be considered an advantage
- Strong commercial and business development orientation
- Business and financial management acumen
- Solid leadership and management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent command of the English and Greek languages, both verbal and written
- Strong computer literacy
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate, according to qualifications and experience.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality. Interested applicants should apply through www.cydeloittecareers.com selecting the "General Manager" vacancy under "Vacancies at Deloitte clients" no later than Thursday 6th of August 2020.
Kindly note that only successful candidates will be contacted for this position.