Postdoctoral Research Fellow for Hydro-ecological Observations and Modelling (ref. no. EEWRC_PDF_22_12)
Η συγκεκριμένη αγγελία έχει λήξει. Ψάξτε στο www.carierista.com για αναζήτηση άλλων αγγελιών.
#TC46812 Τύπος: Πλήρης Απασχόληση / Συμβόλαιο
The Cyprus Institute (CyI) is a European Non-profit Science and Technology oriented Educational and Research Institution based in Cyprus and led by an acclaimed Board of Trustees. The research agenda of the CyI is pursued at its four Research Centres: The Computation-based Science and Technology Research Centre (CaSToRC), the Science and Technology in Archaeology and Culture Research Centre (STARC), the Energy Environment Water Research Centre (EEWRC) and the Climate and Atmosphere Research Centre (CARE-C). Considerable cross-centre interaction is a characteristic of the Institute’s culture.
The Water Division of the Energy Environment and Water Research Center (EEWRC) of the Institute invites application for a highly qualified and motivated individual to join the team as a Postdoctoral Fellow for Hydro-ecological observatories.
The Water Division is maintaining a number of hydrologic, environmental and ecosystems monitoring units and observation stations in Cyprus, including an eddy-covariance system. The Postdoctoral Fellow will contribute to the maintenance of field stations and will conduct water, soil and plant observations in the field and in the laboratory, in cooperation with researchers and graduate students of the Water Division. The successful candidate will apply hydrological and land surface models to analyze collected hydro-ecological data and model climate-change impacts, in support of ongoing international research projects.
The initial period of the appointment will be for a duration of 1 year with the possibility of renewal, depending on performance and availability of funds. An internationally competitive remuneration package will be offered, which is commensurate with the level of experience of the successful candidate.
Responsibilities/activities to be involved in:
- Calibrate, evaluate and apply hydrological and land surface models to analyse local observations and model climate change impacts
- Contribute to the maintenance of off-grid field hydrologic, meteorological and ecosystem sensors and data loggers
- Field and laboratory observations and analysis of water, soil and plant variables
- Preparation of scientific publications and conference presentations
- Cooperation and communication with local stakeholders
- PhD in Hydrological or Environmental Sciences or Engineering or a related field
- Experience in the application of hydrologic or land surface models
- Experience in hydrologic, agricultural or environmental field research
- Excellent computer programming and GIS skills (e.g., R, Python, Fortran, ArcGIS)
- Experience in the use of hydrological, meteorological and plant sensors and data-loggers
- Experience with laboratory analysis of water, soil and plant samples
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Good team player with the ability to adapt to a multicultural and multidisciplinary research environment
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Drivers’ license
- Fluency in the Greek language will be considered an advantage
For full consideration, interested applicants should process their application at The Cyprus Institute Exelsys Platform (https://bit.ly/3HDLRTw) based on the instructions given. Applicants should submit a curriculum vitae including a short letter of interest, and a list of three (3) referees (including contact information) (all documentation should be in English and in PDF Format). For further information, please contact Adriana Bruggeman (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please note that applications, which do not fulfill the required qualifications and do not follow the announcement’s guidelines will not be considered.
Recruitment will continue until the position is filled.
The Cyprus Institute is an Equal Opportunities Employer certified from the Cypriot Ministry of Labor and also an HRS4R accredited Institution that adheres to the European Commission’s “Charter & Code” principles for recruitment and selection.
Contact person: Adriana Bruggeman
Reference number: EEWRC_PDF_22_12