Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Techno‐Economic Modelling for Energy Policy (ref. no. EEWRC_PDF_22_15)
Η συγκεκριμένη αγγελία έχει λήξει. Ψάξτε στο www.carierista.com για αναζήτηση άλλων αγγελιών.
#TC46794 Τύπος: Πλήρης Απασχόληση / Συμβόλαιο
The Cyprus Institute (CyI) is a European Non-profit Science and Technology oriented Educational and Research Institution based in Cyprus and led by an acclaimed Board of Trustees. The research agenda of the CyI is pursued at its four Research Centres: The Computation-based Science and Technology Research Centre (CaSToRC), the Science and Technology in Archaeology and Culture Research Centre (STARC), the Energy Environment Water Research Centre (EEWRC) and the Climate and Atmosphere Research Centre (CARE-C). Considerable cross-centre interaction is a characteristic of the Institute’s culture.
The Cyprus Institute invites applications for a highly qualified and motivated individual to join the Institute as a Postdoctoral Research Fellow in the Energy Department of the EEWRC. The successful candidate will enhance research on energy policy and planning within the activities of the Energy Department of the Centre. This field is a growing part of the Center’s portfolio and has increased its activities in the last years, in view of the needs arising from the global energy transition and the need to address national, regional and global decarbonization challenges. The Department currently serves as the major long‐term advisor of the Cypriot Government on energy and climate policy. Moreover, it expands its modelling activities in the Eastern Mediterranean and Middle East in the frame of the Cyprus Climate Initiative of the Republic of Cyprus, whose scientific part is led by the Cyprus Institute.
The main research topics of this position include long‐term energy modelling and technoeconomic assessment of decarbonization technologies. The successful candidate is expected to further develop computational models for determining cost‐effective pathways to decarbonize energy systems in
Cyprus and the Eastern Mediterranean and Middle East region.
In addition, the successful candidate is expected to support current policy research at CyI, but also be able to contribute to attracting research funding from national or international sources in order to initiate new research in energy policy. For this the successful candidate should have a background in engineering, with a doctoral degree related to energy policy or technoeconomic assessment of energy technologies.
The initial period of the appointment will be for a duration of two years, with the option of renewal subject to performance and availability of funds. The annual salary for the position will be internationally competitive based on the experience level of the selected candidate. Further to the above, depending on experience the candidate will have the opportunity to assist in the supervision of doctoral students who study at the CyI’s Graduate School.
Responsibilities/activities to be involved in:
- Performing internationally competitive scientific research through mathematical and computer modelling
- Contributing to data analyses and impact assessments in energy and climate policy
- Initiating and sustaining high‐level collaborative projects with leading research institutions that conduct research in areas related to their respective fields
- Helping secure financial and other resources from national and international sources
- Participating in communication of the results and implications of research conducted at EEWRC and The Cyprus Institute.
- PhD in Energy Policy or Technoeconomic assessment of energy technologies (The candidate must hold a PhD degree of a recognized higher education institution before the deadline of the opening. Candidates who have successfully defended their doctoral thesis but who have not yet formally been awarded the doctoral degree will also be considered eligible to apply provided that they can document their successful defence of the thesis)
- Research experience in technoeconomic analysis in the energy field
- Proven research record of international standing in this field
- At least 3 peer‐reviewed publications in leading academic journals
- At least 3 presentations in international conferences
- Excellent knowledge of English language both verbally and in writing
- Adequate knowledge of programming languages and mathematical modelling software (Python, MATLAB, GAMS)
- Solid quantitative and analytical skills
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation skills of scientific results
- Knowledge of EU energy and climate policies
- Invited talks and presentations in academic conferences
- Experience as a reviewer for international academic journals or scientific societies or funding organisations
- Knowledge of Greek language to interact with national policymakers if necessary
For full consideration, interested applicants should process their application at The Cyprus Institute Exelsys Platform (https://bit.ly/3HDLRTw) based on the instructions given. Applicants should submit a curriculum vitae including a short letter of interest, list of publications and a list of three (3) referees (including contact information) (all documentation should be in English and in PDF Format). For further information, please contact Prof Theodoros Zachariadis (firstname.lastname@example.org) Please note that applications which do not fulfill the required qualifications and do not follow the announcement’s guidelines will not be considered.
Recruitment will continue until the position is filled.
The Cyprus Institute is an Equal Opportunities Employer certified from the Cypriot Ministry of Labor and also an HRS4R accredited Institution that adheres to the European Commission’s “Charter & Code” principles for recruitment and selection.
Contact person: Theodoros Zachariadis
Reference number: EEWRC_PDF_22_15