Η συγκεκριμένη αγγελία έχει λήξει. Ψάξτε στο www.carierista.com για αναζήτηση άλλων αγγελιών.
#AM44162 Τύπος: Πλήρης Απασχόληση
In one sentence
This role is pivotal in enabling DataTeam and technology project success, which can be internally or externally focused. BI Development covers a wide number of business and technological areas: all aspects of data architecture design, analysis of systems, software and data warehouse implementations, along with a technical expertise in how data is integrated into everyday business decisions and requirements.
Vubiquity’s technology platforms are a key factor contributing towards the group’s competitive advantage and commercial success. The timely delivery of technology solutions, when called for by the business, is contingent upon robust software implementation, data model design, integration and reporting. In this way the BI Developer will play a key part in the success of the organization.
What will your job look like?
• Participate in daily team discussions and proactively resolve technical issues (data or platform focused) as they arise.
• Monitor platform health and look for ways to improve system performance
• Question everything, with a view to producing best-in-class solutions
• Ensure features developed by the development team are produced to the highest possible quality within efficient timelines – including a focus on pre-testing own work.
• Understand and talk coherently about any practices (e.g. agile dev, refactoring, pair programming) that are being implemented
• Adhere to agreed software and data quality standards
• Find better ways of doing things and improve skills; advocate learning within the team and take time continuing to develop personal development skills
• Be aware of business drivers and priorities
The Role Generally
• Work with internal teams and Head of Data to understand business requirements and translate into low level system requirements. Liaise with architects to ensure system designs are aligned with company goals. Quickly understand business issues facing the organisation and clients to identify how they can be resolved through BI systems.
• Develop solutions that enable re-usability to gain efficiencies and expedite future implementations. Identify ways to simplify or streamline systems within the business.
• Document software systems, covering technologies used, design patterns, component design, implementation, and tests. Ensure usability of technical documentation alongside practical elements of the job.
• Keep abreast of industry standards and trends with regards to best practices. Providing advice and designs on how to introduce applicable changes into our systems. Contribute to continuous improvement of the team.
The role is split roughly
• 10% Review of requirements, designs, process for implementation
• 20% Data model and process design
• 40% Focused development
• 20% Analysis of production issues and resolution
• 10% Team discussions and skill development
All you need is...
• Experience developing applications in Cloud environments (Azure, AWS and/or GCP).
• Experience in data migration, ETL, data quality and data management.
• Experience (or better certification) in Azure (preferred) or AWS, with experience of streaming data and use of programming languages: SQL, Java, C#, Python, Azure Data Factory
• Excellent written and verbal communication – to communicate with leadership, and in compiling documentation and presenting work.
• Excellent collaboration and teamwork skills to work within immediate team, Amdocs, client and other 3rd party vendors.
• Development fluency in reporting tools; any of: Power BI (preferred), Tableau, other open-source and good general knowledge of BI Concepts.
• Ability to independently create solutions that provide accurate information quickly to the organisation; analyse and build data models and business intelligence components as required.
• Technical understanding to identify levels of effort and task dependencies of work assigned.
• Experience of training or mentoring others on new technologies, design and development approaches and the application of established standards and best practices for business intelligence development and data design
• University Degree, or equivalent
• Experience with designing and using messaging systems is an advantage, along with Service Oriented Architectures and RESTful APIs
• Experience of working in a Scrum environment is also an advantage
• Polyglot development capability a distinct advantage
Why you will love this job:
• You will have the opportunity to work in a growing organization, with ever growing opportunities for personal growth.
If you are interested, please apply here.