University of Cyprus - Department of Physics - Special Scientist - Scientific Coordinator
Η συγκεκριμένη αγγελία έχει λήξει. Ψάξτε στο www.carierista.com για αναζήτηση άλλων αγγελιών.
#PK43726 Τύπος: Πλήρης Απασχόληση / Συμβόλαιο
DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICS
VACANCY FOR A SPECIAL SCIENTIST (RESEARCH)
Title: Special Scientist - Scientific Coordinator
No. Seats: One (1)
Category: The duration of employment will be 4 years
Place of Work: University of Cyprus, Nicosia
The Department of Physics, University of Cyprus, announces one full-time position (140 hours / month): The selected candidate will take responsibility for managing and supporting the implementation of the European Joint Doctorate program Advanced computing, quantum algorithms, and data-driven approaches for science, technology and engineering (AQTIVATE) as well as partly be involved in monitoring and helping in the preparation of future EU Marie Sklodowska-Curie proposals.
• A PhD degree in Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, or any other relevant field
• Previous experience in a research/academic institution
• Experience with presentations at conferences and workshops
• Publications in conference proceedings or journals
• Strong scientific and technical writing skills
• High level of communication and interpersonal skills
• High-level organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to multitask and change priorities with limited supervision
• Experience in presenting to medium and large audiences
• Knowledge of computational methods
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The successful candidate will be carrying out the following activities
• Coordinating and supporting the activities of AQTIVATE
• Project administration/coordination/management (financial reporting, deliverables, communication with funding organizations)
• Preparation of meetings and communication with the partners in the project and the fellows.
• Identification of funding opportunities
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The duration of employment will be 4 years with the possibility of renewal. The monthly gross earnings amount to €2,916 to €4,166. From this amount employee contributions shall be deducted.
There is no provision for 13th salary.
Interested candidates should submit by the 15th of November 2022, the following items, in PDF format, via e-mail to: Prof Constantia Alexandrou at email@example.com.
1. A short letter of interest.
2. A curriculum vitae.
3. List of publications.
4. A list of three (3) referees (including contact information).
All documentation should be in English and in PDF Format.
For more information, interested individuals may contact Prof Constantia Alexandrou at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At least the best three candidates that satisfy the required qualifications, will be interviewed by a 3- member Committee.
Candidates shall be informed of the result of their application by the relevant entity.
The University of Cyprus shall collect and process your personal data according to the provisions of the General Regulation on Personal Data 2016/679 (EU).
The University of Cyprus (UCY) is committed to promoting inclusivity, diversity, and equality, as well as the elimination of all forms of discrimination in order to provide a fair, safe, and pleasant environment for the entire university community, where students and staff members will feel supported both in their professional and personal development, within and beyond their multiple identities. To this end, UCY seeks to create the necessary conditions that will encourage and respect diversity, and ensure dignity both in the workplace and society at large. Moreover, UCY has adopted specific policies to promote equal opportunities, as well as respect and understanding of diversity, while it is committed to promoting and maintaining a working, teaching, and learning environment, free from any form of discrimination, whether direct or indirect.
The filling of the position is subject to the availability of funding.