Cyprus University of Technology - Department of Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering and Informatics - Full-time Research Fellow positions
Η συγκεκριμένη αγγελία έχει λήξει. Ψάξτε στο www.carierista.com για αναζήτηση άλλων αγγελιών.
#TP22272 Τύπος: Πλήρης Απασχόληση
CYPRUS UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY
DEPARTMENT OFELECTRICAL ENGINEERING AND COMPUTER ENGINEERING AND INFORMATICS
RESEARCH FELLOW (SPECIAL SCIENTIST) POSITION
Applications are invited from candidates who possess the necessary qualifications in order to fill two (2)Full-timeResearch Fellow positions (Special Scientists) at the Department of Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering and Informatics in the field of “Network Data Science”, funded under the Cyprus Research and Innovation Foundation Programme “Time-Varying Hyperbolic Geometric Graphs”.
The successful applicants will conduct high quality research, whose aim is to address grand-challenge open problems in network science, with profound societal applications. These problems are related to the modelling and prediction of the dynamics of real-world networks (technological, social, biological, etc.), by developing and utilizing novel mathematical and statistical inference methods.
The successful applicants will work under the supervision of Prof. Fragkiskos Papadopoulos (https://netsysci.cut.ac.cy/f.papadopoulos/).
Applicants should have:
- An undergraduate degree from a recognized university in one of the following fields: Computer Science or Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering or Mathematics or Physics.
- A Master (or other postgraduate degree) in the above fields, or prior experience related to the field of the project.
- Strong programming skills in any programming language.
- Strong analytical/mathematical skills.
- Very good knowledge of English (spoken and written).
- Very good organizational skills.
The following will be considered as an advantage:
- Possesion of a PhD degree in the field of the position or a related field, or desire to pursue a PhD degree in the field of the position.
- Any experience or background related to network science or network algorithms or statistical machine learning or data analysis.
Τhe appointment will be for a period of twelve (12) months with the prospect of renewal. The monthly cost of employment (program budget) will be €4408,83. From this amount all legal employer and employee contributions will be deducted. The monthly gross salary, based on the legislation currently into effect, is €3837,10. There is provision for 13th salary (the cost of the 13th salary has been proportionally incorporated in the monthly remuneration as analyzed above)
Applicants are requested to submit the following:
- A letter stating their interest and the earliest date on which they can undertake responsibilities in case they are selected for the position.
- A complete curriculum vitae.
- Proof of their qualifications, which will include copies of degree certificates and copies of grade transcripts.
- A one-page summary of their prior research experience (if any) and future research goals.
- The names and contact information of two people who are willing to provide references if asked.
- Complete contact information.
Applications must be sent via email at: HRrecruits@cut.ac.cy with the subject: “Application for Research Fellow (Special Scientist) Position – Department of Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering and Informatics”no later than Tuesday 29 December 2020, which is the deadline for the submission of the applications.
It is noted that:
- The University adopts an equal opportunity policy at recruitment and the subsequent career stages and encourages both genders to submit an application for all levels of Academic and Administrative Staff.
- The University does not discriminate in any way on the basis of gender, religion or belief, ethnic, national or social origin, age, physical ability, marital status and sexual orientation.